• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lots to smile about today!

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Benjamin saw uncle Simon this morning and he's delighted with how much better his eye is looking today. We are continuing the same regime and Simon will see him again in just over a week, or sooner if I am worried. To say I am over the moon, is an understatement!
I had pretty much dedicated my whole weekend to Benjamin, putting Viscotears into the eye every couple of hours, throughout the day and it certainly seems to have paid off and bought him enough time for the antibiotics (Zithromax) to kick in. He's been having 0.5 ml of dog Metacam, twice daily too, which has helped with the pain, but has also brought down the level of inflammation too!

This is truly wonderful news :)

With how quickly it started to bulge and look really inflamed and nasty, on Thursday night, I didn't see how we could possibly save the eye. I got up on Friday morning, fully expecting it to have ruptured overnight. I have literally spent all weekend putting Viscotears into it, to keep it hydrated, as it was already starting to dry out. I also think the hefty dose of Metacam really helped too, both from a pain point of view and as anti-inflammatory too!

So how about all these dental issues then, is this purely from pigs not getting enough grass, or maybe not enough calcium as pups? It seems guine apig get dental issues no matter what you do.

Wrong thread. 😬

Back