• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Low calcium water?

Lel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read here that a few people recommend Morrisons still water as it is very low in calcium. Unfortunately I do not have a morrisons near me so can anyone suggest any alternatives?

Also I am aware that britta filters do not remove calcium so has anyone in the UK found a filter that does?

I cannot afford a reverse osmosis kit atm so any suggestions would be great.

TIA x

Hi all,

I have read here that a few people recommend Morrisons still water as it is very low in calcium. Unfortunately I do not have a morrisons near me so can anyone suggest any alternatives?

Also I am aware that britta filters do not remove calcium so has anyone in the UK found a filter that does?

I cannot afford a reverse osmosis kit atm so any suggestions would be great.

TIA x

Brita filters still make a big difference. I can't get to a Morrisons either (it is right across the city), live in a very hard and mineral rich water area but haven't needed a stone operation since I started filtering. ;)

It is the overall balance of the diet that is key, not cutting out any calcium completely.

Reactions: Lel
Thank you :) I'm being extra cautious after a stone removal op as he is only approx 10 mths old and I'm terrified it will return x

I use a Brita filter jug. I know it removes a huge amount of calcium just by the state of my kettle, I no longer have to descale it! Bristol is a very hard water area. I double filter the water for my piggies having lost one to inoperable stones and no longer find gritty wee in their cages.

I'm so sorry to hear that 💗

I had never even thought of filtering twice! Thank you so very much x

Waitrose stocks Deeside which is low calcium and most own brand shop water is pretty low. I use Tesco when I can't get any from Morrisons.

Perfect, thank you so much xxxxxx

I used to use a Brita jug but it was a nightmare as I couldn't fit it in the fridge.

Plus I live in a hard water area so even filtering it didn't bring the calcium down to a level I was happy with.

Back