• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump exploded with pus

So hes been doing great since the surgery, eating and drinking fine, acting fine, no problem. This morning though his breathing is a little funny. It sounds like he has a lot of mucus and hes breathing very fast. Theres no discharge around his eyes or nose. Should I take him back to the vet or am I just overreacting?

I would take him to the vet to be checked out just in case. I hope he is okay, let us know how he gets on.

Just caught up with this thread.
Glad Midas did well after surgery.
I would take him to the vet again to check his breathing.
Let us know how you get on.
Hope you’re coping ok too, sounds as if it’s been a rollercoaster of emotions for you this week

My vet was closed yesterday, so i was going to take him today. Sadly he didnt make it through the night. RIP Midas. Thread in the rainbow bridge forum ❤

My vet was closed yesterday, so i was going to take him today. Sadly he didnt make it through the night. RIP Midas. Thread in the rainbow bridge forum ❤
Whaaat... oh nooo Midas you sweet little furry sausage. Everything had been going so well, I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your gorgeous gorgeous boy.

Whaaat... oh nooo Midas you sweet little furry sausage. Everything had been going so well, I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your gorgeous gorgeous boy.
He was doing so great. He was eating, drinking, playing, cuddling, he was fine. I thought we had made it. I was so heartbroken

He was doing so great. He was eating, drinking, playing, cuddling, he was fine. I thought we had made it. I was so heartbroken
Everyone though he had made it, all the signs were so good but it shows how heartbreakingly fast things can go downhill. You did everything you could to help him so please try not to feel bad. Remember him for all the joy and good times he brought along. :hug:

I'm so sorry, was just catching up with this thread and things seemed to be going well.You did your very best for him.
Big hugs xx

What?!? Oh no I can't believe it! He seemed to be doing so well too. My heart goes out to you. He had to have the operation so don't blame yourself about that. Give yourself time to grieve.

I am so very sorry to hear about Midas.
It is one of the heart-breaking things about piggies is that they can deteriorate so rapidly.
Look after yourself and allow yourself time to grieve.
You did so much for him - he was a lucky piggy to have you to care for him

I couldnt bare to look at him earlier. When I wrapped him in a towel now I notice theres some blood on his nose. Anyone know what could have happened?

Back