• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lumps On Tummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingeypig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feel so stupid but I've noticed two lumps on rhino. They're both on his stomach right at the crease of his hip one each side. They're black, not painful and not particularly crusty or dry. Are these bizarre boy nipples? He also has dry skin on his feet, can I just put a little bit of Vaseline on his feet to help this? He doesn't seem bothered by anything and is still happily giving cuddles and wheeling, eating and drinking etc. I can't get a decent pic of the lumps but will try again tomorrow.

It sounds like nipples, both genders have them. The colour of them depends on the skin colour.

You may find this thread here helpful in getting to know your guinea pigs: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/guinea-pig-body-quirks.58854/

I would recommend gorgeous guineas happy soles cream. If you use vaseline, please only apply it very thinly; a thick layer can help fungal or bacteria get into tiny cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back