• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lush card fraud scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone shopped online at Lush from October to Jan but there is a warning on the Lush Website:
http://www.lush.co.uk/

They have been the victim of a major security hack so are advising people to check with their banks.
Hope its not too serious but thought Id post the details.
My card was done twice last year - need to find dates I was targeted the 2nd time as I did shop once in October at Lush so am worried now, hoping it was after my card was done, otherwise my bank may cancel my cards again:{

Is this only with online shopping? I shopped at the store just before Christmas and paid on my card :{

Oh dear, I very nearly bought some stuff online for Christmas but decided I wanted to smell them in shop first. I also paid cash in shop...phew!

I really hope your not one of those affected x

Only online not in store. I have found my new bank card letter - it arrived 18th November so this means my card was hacked about 2nd week in November - bank picked it up - suspicious activity - some low life trying to set up a Sky Account with my card and detailspow-pow anyway they rang to check and when I said I'd got Sky they said it was fraud and froze my account - got a new card 3-4 days later.

So I'm pretty sure my card was done from this Lush major hacking/fraud - but got a new card now.

I'm so wary of using my card online as I've been done twice last year, I've paid off/closed my credit card account and removed stored card details like on Amazon and not even got paypal set up now, just too wary.

It's a pain as I like online shopping but I really feel more and more it is not safe anymore:{

Lush cosmetics web hackers

Hi just letting other people know that Lush cosmetics have had their web site hacked into and peoples bank details may be compromised. If you purchased online between 4th october and the 20th Jan this year you may have had your details compromised. I have just had money taken out of my account so the bank have blocked the account and are re issueing me with a new card and pin. Please telephone your bank if you purchased between these dates.pow-pow

Thanks for letting us know.
grrrr
Have you only just had money taken from your account? We brought something just before Christmas, Will your bank pay back the money?:...

Yes, the bank is going to refund me the money, apparently the people are probably professionals at doing this and only take small amounts at a time two transactions went out last night for £15 at around 8.45pm and I knew when I spoke to the lady at the bank that at that time of night I am usually tucked up watching TV, not out and about. Get straight on the phone to the bank and get them to check then you can stop these theives in their tracks. SCUM that they are.

Thank you :)
Lush just emailed me saying about it....I'll have to go and check my boyfriend's account now. It's my boyfriend's account so they won't speak to me, i'll have to wait until he gets back from work. We haven't got much money as it is :( Some people grr

Thank you :)
Lush just emailed me saying about it....I'll have to go and check my boyfriend's account now. It's my boyfriend's account so they won't speak to me, i'll have to wait until he gets back from work. We haven't got much money as it is :( Some people grr

Get him to ring and see if anything has gone out in the last day or two ours went last night, O2 credit or sim cards, the bank told me. If they have I would get a block put on the card.

I shopped at Lush online, just rang the bank and the hackers have used my details, so the bank has blocked the card and is going to re issue another, they are also going to refund me the money. Some people are just SCUM. pow-pow

Didn't see this post before, only saw Sharon's. We shopped online before christmas, on my boyfriend's card. I can't phone because it's his account (he's still in work) if I go to a Lloyds cash machine would I be able to get a mini statement for him. I'm worried :...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back