• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lush is my nirvana! WARNING: treatment spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_bugs

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just wanted to gush about my Monday this week.

Gush.

I rang up at 10am asking if the lush spa in liverpool had any places for a massage treatment that day or the Tues and the happiest voice ever answered the phone and was SO obliging! She booked me in for 3pm for a "Good Hour". I turned up at 3 and waited for a little bit whilst the lady prepper the room up! And what a prep!

She handed me a glass of fresh water with a juicy chunk of lemon, I signed the health sheet, she discussed what areas of the body I was experiencing the most discomfort and she went absolute wax lyrical about plexuses and transferral pains! It was like a freebie anatomy class! Then she whipped out a dish of products and let me sniff and choose what I wanted to be used, whilst explaining what each was good for!

Then she showed me through to the room which was beautiful! Old wood boarded up the windows to make it nice and dark, candles everywhere and vintage books.. and if you looked through to the right there was a roll top bath and a mirrored desk.. all with little products dotted about. Apparently if I wanted I could have taken a bath after! She popped a bathbomb in a jug and emptied it underneath the massage bed and all this vapor came out and covered the floor! The theme of the good hour was nautical, so in the background they had a specially made CD of sea shanties by a gorgeous folk band, it was amazingly relaxing! The massage was over an hour long! And although she used pinch points which were quite rough she was very very assuring that I could have whatever pressure I liked, but I told her wanted it quite firm. Afterward I came out with 'line face' from having melted into the head panel of the bed! haha but she welcomed me with a hot tea and used an eye dropped with a little rum (if I wanted it) whilst we had a cool down chat for 20 minutes. She said throughout the whole day she would normally get only 3 or 4 treatments in, most of it being room prep! What time did I get out? 5.20pm! I was a floating cloud of euphoria!

It cost me £80 (and then I bought the CD after aswell for a tenner).. expensive, but it was such an experience. If you can save up (or joint save for a loved one) I'd totally recommend! They do all sorts of treatments, cheaper or more expensive, but if anyone else had heard of them and was just curious, you can take it from me it's the bee's knees!

It sounds amazing and just up my street, but my OH would never be able to comprehend spending that much just for "someone to rub my back"

x

I would normally agree, it was very expensive.. but my OH's version of a massage is a 4-6 minute 'sweep over' until his fingers are 'crippled and sore'.. I've seen that man play bass on stage for 3 hours {:| Pansy bottomed, work shy, fruit cake!

I got my bonus in at work anyway and promised myself a treat so there was no question, it had to be lush!

It sounds amazing and just up my street, but my OH would never be able to comprehend spending that much just for "someone to rub my back"

x

Why dont you ask for it for xmas or birthday?

Sounds really lovely! However it is an expensive hour! i live near a spa called Ragdale Hall and they do a day deal for abou £120 (if you remind them you've been before you get it at that price, otherwise its £150) and that included 25 min back massage, 25 min facial and full use of all the spa facilities, pools, and 3 course lunch. I had a Clarins pedicure as an extra and it was out of this world! ahh can't wait to go back in June! me and my mate always go whilst my OH is on his mountain biking weekend, so whilst he's knee deep in mud we're chilling in a spa hehe! :))

We dont do christmas and birthday presents, we have our caravan and go on holidays instead, and now rent an expansive house ha ha. Nevermind, i do keep hinting about a spa day, maybe one day he'll get the hint.

x

I bought the CD aswell but it was missing one of the discs so I rang up and she sent me an entirely new album! Now I have 2 dvd's :P Will have to go back and give the DVD back, feel naughty keeping both!

it came with a post it note: Love from Lush, Liverpool.

I think I'm having a secret love affair with a shop. I might have to fess up to the Mr. when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back