• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Made a C&C cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KatsCavies

Well I'd seen pics on here and on cavycages of the c&c cages and thought I'd like to make one. So I toddled off to argos yesterday and bought the grids. We already had some big sheets of coroplast so getting that wasn't a problem. My otter and fox boars are living in it now. I've just bought them a cuddle cup on ebay as well ;D

Kat
cnccage1.jpg

cnccage2.jpg

thats is wicked. what are you using on the floor for bedding cant really make it out on the photo? is it vet bed?

Its woodshavings on the bottom and carpet tiles on the top and ramp.

Kat

Cool! i want one for Ed and Zub but i wouldnt get how to do the coroplast, when you pick the cage up does it fall out or is it secured?

That looks really great! Is that by using all of the grids that you bought? Just getting ideas.

xx Kelly xx

c and c cages are the best invention they are so versatile you can make them any size or shape you want, I've not done an upper level on mine as i did'nt think they would use it, the corralux is just slotted into the cage and sits there if you lift the grids up it should stay on the floor, i used so many it cost me over £250 but i think they are worth it,

Yes, I made it using the 24 grids that I got. There wasn't enough connectors to go all the way round so I used bits of wire and twisted it round to secure it. I didn't want to use cable ties as they are permenent (unless you cut them and then they're useless) which means if I want to alter the cage or move it the wire will come off.
Once the pigs realise that they can go up and down the ramp, thats it they're off, they think its great fun to run up and down it :D
I've got a couple of blocks of hutches in the shed that are unused and once I move them out I will have more space and will prolly buy some more grids and extend the cage.

Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back