1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out the winners of the Christmas Card Competition here!.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Anniversary Herd is proud to announce that voting is now open for the Halloween / Guy Fawkes Photo competition .....here!. All members get voting... :)
    Dismiss Notice

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

Discussion in 'Housing and Enrichment' started by daftscotslass, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Flutterby

Forum Donator 2017/18

#

Looks brill!

Tiamolly123 and Mamphers like this.
  2. Kelvin Casing

Kelvin Casing New Born Pup

Cleaning is actually fine. The tops are all lids, so it's easy to get into the top and middle floors. Also we feed the pigs up top, so most of the mess is there. Generally we need to clean the top boxes every 3 days (quick job), the middle every 7-10 days (takes 30 mins or so), and the bottom every 1-2 months (takes a hour or so). To access the bottom, you take off the lowest grids on the sides and just slide out the correx... not too bad but does get through a lot of wood shavings!

3. Tiamolly123

Forum Donator 2017/18

Hi & Welcome,
    Wow all that for 2 boars, that's not a cage it's a block of flats.

4. Piggy mum

Piggy mum Junior Guinea Pig

IMG_4796.JPG This is my 6x2 c&c cage which I keep my 3 boys in- I purchased it from C&C guinea pig cages online. Was quite pricey around £120 but it's worth it. The fleece is easier to clean than I expected with a horse wear wash bag and saves more time than megazorb etc. I just disinfect the cortex underneath every few days. The poo sweeping can be time consuming!

5. Mamphers

Mamphers Junior Guinea Pig

Where'd you get your fleece liner? :love:

6. Piggy mum

Piggy mum Junior Guinea Pig

I got it from pampered piggies boutique online. If you email her your dimensions she can give you a quote

Mamphers likes this.
  7. flowerfairy

Forum Donator 2017/18

What a great cage. Having two smaller liners can be useful, depending on where they pee. I would love one that size but worry that c & c is not dog proof.

8. Flutterby

Forum Donator 2017/18

Looks great! Love the elephant fleece :)

Piggy mum likes this.
  9. ErmiePiggos

ErmiePiggos Junior Guinea Pig

16652456_1634124890228335_365397874_n.jpg 16559014_1634124833561674_100360618_n.jpg 16651819_1634124776895013_1086021501_n.jpg 16237040_1626119557695535_544750328_n.jpg
    I have built my C and C cage! :)
    It has been up for over a month now but I kept forgetting to post on here haha
    The boys currently have a 3x2 each for now, but the plan is to continue to let them get used to one another by being neighbours, with their food and water areas close to one another. So far it seems to be going well, as none of them have bitten or tried to through the bars and they like lying next to one another :luv:
    I can't wait until I can open up the space and turn it into a 6x4! All my fleece liners are from Pampered Piggies Boutique and the beds are from PiggiesInBlanketsUK

eileen, Piggy mum and Critter like this.
  10. RavenRed

RavenRed Junior Guinea Pig

6x4! :O wow, wee piggy paradise

ErmiePiggos likes this.
  11. ErmiePiggos

ErmiePiggos Junior Guinea Pig

I have got rid of so much furniture in my room so they can have more space haha!

Pigaroo and RavenRed like this.
  12. RavenRed

RavenRed Junior Guinea Pig

Hehe, they take over our lives and our homes.
    Our hall and living room are full of piggys, cages and accessories until quarantine is over! :D (also spare/old cages and correx in the spare room)

ErmiePiggos likes this.
  13. flowerfairy

Forum Donator 2017/18

Our dining room is now a guinea pig room (only a cage on a table but loads of hay, fleece, bowls, etc).

ErmiePiggos likes this.
  14. Flamestriker

Forum Donator 2017/18

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Loft is installed!

So it's an 8x2 with a 2x2 loft. With different colours.

The first pic is mid installation. The second and third are ones with the loft installed. I used the two support bars and added two grids just in case my lot become heavier as they age. I didn't fancy Guineans all up there weighing over 1kg each...especially with max 6 of them!

15. helloitsbecca

Forum Donator 2017/18

Ohhh I just saw this!

Haha they were eyeing it up (being teenagers and all!) but as a responsible PigMum, I made sure it was..um..taken care of so they couldn't get their paws on it :whistle:

Tiamolly123 and flowerfairy like this.
  16. SarahWonderland

SarahWonderland Junior Guinea Pig

Hello!
    This is my C&C cage, it is a 2x5 and using vet bed with towels underneath. Purchased from Guinea Pigs Australia (vetbed & grids) and the towels Kmart.
    This cage is home to male guinea pigs, Jeffery and Sonic. They have two houses, two tunnels, two food bowls and two waters.
    They have a toilet tray (never used as one) and instead using as a hay holder. I did have a hay rack but found it made a huge mess on the vet bed and decided to try something else. Suggestions are more than welcome, Hoping to get a loft soon :D.
    Cleaning wise its pretty easy, vacuum twice a day (morning & night) and then a big clean out and vetbed/towel change every Saturday and just put them, into the wash.

16709343_10154990663474004_881571737_o.jpg

17. Critter

Critter Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a lovely spacious home :) Is that VetBed/VetFleece? I swapped from normal fleece to VetFleece recently and find I prefer it, but find it bulky in the washing machine (which is large capacity one). If you don't mind me being nosy - is yours in one piece or two?

18. SarahWonderland

Hello.
    I do believe it is a fleece based vet bed, It is one piece and I do find it very bulky in my washing machine (just fits). I still prefer it over just fleece, though it is harder to clean as it's so fluffy, and it is bulkier in the washing machine. The boy's popcorn so much when i put the vet bed in and the one time i flipped back to fleece they didn't seem to care for it (picky piggies).

Critter likes this.
  19. flowerfairy

Forum Donator 2017/18

Ooo lovely big c and c cage. I use fleece liners in my sows cage and have vet bed mats in their hideys. It is great stuff. So cosy and absorbent.

I have a 32litre underbed storage box as a litter/hay tray. Works well. Most of their wees go in there. Perhaps a bigger tray would help your boys?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. SarahWonderland

@flowerfairy Omg your girls are so cute!. I was worried getting a deeper container or litter box that they wouldn't be able to jump in but then they jump on top of the houses so perhaps a litter box wouldn't be a problem :) I will have to give it a go :).

flowerfairy likes this.