Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

KatiesPiggies18

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
When i click on the link b&q tell me they cant find that page. i'm desperate to get my babies out of their pets at home cage :( any suggestions?

KatiesPiggies18

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have you looked on the c and c website? That's where I ordered my cage from.
Wow much cheaper than most places ive looked. What bedding do you use? I'm looking for new fleece liners but they're so expensive. thanks

kelise02

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 3x2 c and c cage for my guinea pigs and i’ve just realised that bella has been escaping through the square, I realised about an hour ago when I left the room and came back and realised she was out. Any recommendations on what i could do?

Jax78

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 3x2 c and c cage for my guinea pigs and i’ve just realised that bella has been escaping through the square, I realised about an hour ago when I left the room and came back and realised she was out. Any recommendations on what i could do?
You can get baby bars from c and c guinea pig cages (see my pic) or on their website they gave advice for how to baby proof until they are a bit bigger too x
c and c guinea pig cages - Google Search

amber89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Materials used: cage is wood and plexiglas. Playpen is some re-purposed plastic wardrobe.
Sizes: Each floor of the cage is around 1 sq meter; the playpen is 2,5 sq meters
Bedding: We initially used wood shavings, but there was simply too much dust and the air humidity was way too low. We have changed on fleece bedding. We have as waterproof layer some pond liner for the cage and some plastic covering for the playpen. Then comes 1 layer of Terrycloth and 1 layer of fleece. For their favourite spots we use double or tripple layers of terrycloth and fleece. Those spots are exchanged every 2 days. Even if is much more work with the fleece, and it does not absorb the smell that well, compared to the wood shavings, i prefer the fleece.
Inhabitants: 3 piggies
5aa65b74-04cf-49fe-9d96-406891799df5.jpg

DSC_1372_klein.jpg

12bunsandpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my 2 girls was in a 6x3 with a 3x3 off set loft, but my daughter decided she didnt want her pigs (which i love and babysit for). I have her 3 boys as well now sp had to have a big redo of the housing. I have decided on a 6x3 with a 2x2 off set loft for the girls, then on top of that is another 6x3 with a 2x2 off set loft for the boys. Ive used stick timber for supports between the cages from b&q which is a perfect fit in the square grid holes,
i make all my own cage liners myself by sewing 2 layers of fleece with furniture delivery pads (uhaul) in between which is a brilliant absorbent layer. I also make all my own hideys, cozy caves, tunnels, pee pads and haybags to keep costs down. I will try to post some photos tomorrow. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Thankyou.

Livia Rabideau

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my 2 girls was in a 6x3 with a 3x3 off set loft, but my daughter decided she didnt want her pigs (which i love and babysit for). I have her 3 boys as well now sp had to have a big redo of the housing. I have decided on a 6x3 with a 2x2 off set loft for the girls, then on top of that is another 6x3 with a 2x2 off set loft for the boys. Ive used stick timber for supports between the cages from b&q which is a perfect fit in the square grid holes,
i make all my own cage liners myself by sewing 2 layers of fleece with furniture delivery pads (uhaul) in between which is a brilliant absorbent layer. I also make all my own hideys, cozy caves, tunnels, pee pads and haybags to keep costs down. I will try to post some photos tomorrow. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Thankyou.
Can't wait to see the pictures! I just recently stacked my cages too. Works very well 😊!

12bunsandpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the pictures! I just recently stacked my cages too. Works very well 😊!
i will hopefully get them fully finished tomorrow and take some pics. Because the boys where a suprise addition i have had to give them some of my girls things until i can make some boys things but i dont think they mind. Ive only made them the blue cage liners yet. How many levels is yours stacked?

Livia Rabideau

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Here is mine. They are both 2 by 6. At first I had another grid space in between the cages, but I was too short to reach the top cage easily. So I took the middle space out and staggered them. It's perfect for me now 😊. I also make my own liners and such. I spent all weekend making new liners for the girls because their old liners don't fit. Gonna give them to my boys.

Livia Rabideau

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Here is mine. They are both 2 by 6. At first I had another grid space in between the cages, but I was too short to reach the top cage easily. So I took the middle space out and staggered them. It's perfect for me now 😊. I also make my own liners and such. I spent all weekend making new liners for the girls because their old liners don't fit. Gonna give them to my boys.

Attachments

12bunsandpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
very nice. With mine having 4 levels i have to stand on a step stool to reach the far back corners of the top level. Its even harder i think because its 3 grids deep instead of 2. I cant wait until its all done and i can sit back and relax while watching them. I'm constantly noticing things i need to do.:D

Livia Rabideau

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
very nice. With mine having 4 levels i have to stand on a step stool to reach the far back corners of the top level. Its even harder i think because its 3 grids deep instead of 2. I cant wait until its all done and i can sit back and relax while watching them. I'm constantly noticing things i need to do.:D
Yeah I went from 5 by 3 to 6 by 2. There is no way I would have been able to reach a 3 grid width. 😂