• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Member Gallery: Commercial Cages

daftscotslass

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please use this thread to post pictures of your indoor cages. Try to include some information with the photo like:

Cage Type
Where it was purchased or how it was made
What size it is
How many piggies are kept in it
How easy it is to keep clean/if you'd recommend it

Bear in mind that new members will look to this thread as an example of good piggy keeping so photos of accommodation that is inadequately sized, dirty or overcrowded may be removed at the discretion of admin.

This thread is NOT for discussion of the photos, please start a new thread if you need to.

I have a Nero 4 for 2 adult boars to which I have added a mezzanine floor which they love.
DSC01752.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

mezzanine floor
DSC02019.jpg

the cage was bought at PAH with stand
the mezz floor is made with 3 pieces of C&C and the ramp is a small shelf from Homebase, all pieced together with cable ties.

Trixie Rabbit 120

The first cage I bought was a Trixie Rabbit 120 cage. It is a great example of what an indoor cage should be. It is nice to look at, very solid, and it is much better quality than any other cage I have seen. We also bought the stand for this cage and it fit nicely between the two sofas in the lounge - before it got moved around to almost every other location in the lounge! rolleyes

P1000150.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

I bought mine from Seapets, however looking back it was probably the most expensive place to buy it from. I have seen it on a few websites (Dabners & Dee Millen, I also think Jollyes sell it too but they don't have an online shop).

It came with a water bottle (which wasn't great), a food bowl, large hay rack that clips to the outside of the bars, two shelves with ramps and a toilet litter box.

The dimensions are;
Length 120cm
Width 62cm
Height 52cm

This cage is suitable for two piggies. If is incredibly well made, sturdy, secure, easy to clean, great space and came with a lot of extras. I would definately (and have!) recommend this cage to people wanting to house a pair of piggies.

The stand was bought separately.

P1000599.jpg

P1000603.jpg

**Last two pictures are taken outside as I am intending on selling this cage once my C&C build is complete - I would keep it if I had my way but my bf is worried I'll want more rolleyes This is an indoor cage and was only taken outside for lighting purposes!**

I have written about all my cage variations on my blog; http://myguineapiggies.blogspot.com/p/housing.html

Trixie 150

I loved the Trixie 120 so much that when I wanted to house my two trios, I opted for the larger version of this cage, the Trixie 150.

P1000453.jpg

I bought these from Jollyes - they don't have an online store however I have seen it on a few websites (Dabners & Dee Millen). Expect delivery to be fairly pricey if ordering online as they are BIG! And if buying from a store, measure your car first. I called Jollyes in Milton Keynes and a very nice man measured the box that they arrived at the store in for me so I could check before setting out on the two hour round trip. I found they wouldn't fit in my car, so my bf went in his dads van to collect them for me.

They each came with a water bottle (which wasn't great), a food bowl, large hay rack that clips to the outside of the bars, a toilet litter box and an upper level made from wire with the ramp already attached.

The dimensions are;
Length 150cm
Width 75cm
Height 62cm

This cage is suitable for up to three piggies. If is incredibly well made, sturdy, secure, easy to clean (although harder than the Trixie 120 due to it being bigger), excellent space and came with a lot of extras. I would definately (and have!) recommend this cage to people wanting to house a pair or trio of piggies.

This is what they looked like before I put the upper level in;

P1000476.jpg

The upper floor that they came with was a good size, but was made from wire so needed to be covered. The ramp which was already attached came up through the floor and was too steep. I was trying to make us of it, but found it to be totally unsuitable for piggies (and I have no idea how a rabbit is meant to use it!). Here are a couple of pics to show what it might have ended up like (excuse the messy pics, there were no piggies in the cage at the time);

P1000511.jpg

P1000513.jpg

Instead, I cut off the ramp and cable tied a C&C grid to the underneath so that there was no longer a whole where the ramp had come up through the floor. I then cut off part of the balcony front on one side, bent two mesh C&C panels and cable tied the three pieces together to make a ramp.

P1000535.jpg

P1000536.jpg

P1000550.jpg

The ramp is covered with carpet which I replace regularly. My bf was a carpet fitter so I have a small off cut which I cut to size. I made a tray for each cage from the remaining correx from my C&C build which sits on the upper level.

For the hay rack I bought a cheap cutlery drainer from Wilkos (£2.99) and attached to the cage with cable ties. A square of correx between the cage bars and the drainer stop most of the hay from spilling out of the cage;

P1000612.jpg

Please wait as have another pic

Ferplast 100 Cage
Pets At Home
Rabbit 100 Cage: 46cm x 57cm x 95cm
2 Male Piggies

Is this the right cage for me?
I keep this cage in my outhouse on mat, where they have full run of the room and the cage door is open during the day for play time during the hours of 8am-10pm during winter and wet days. I'd say this is a perfect cage for new piggie owners, although they do need their floor time either in or outside in a run or pen as the cage can be a little small for playtime for playful little ones! :) Its a large cage but can easily fit onto a desk or table or floor so it won't over take your room, perfect for two piggies. I'd recommend purchasing the Ferplast 120/140 for more piggies.

The cages comes with a water bottle and holder, food bowl, a shelf with a detachable ramp and a large hay box that clips onto the outside of the bars. You can buy a stand for it which comes separately.

Cleaning:
A brilliant cage to clean daily, the top of the cage comes off easily with the secure clips and as does the bottom -so you can simply remove the old bedding, wash and clean and then re apply with fresh bedding.

Overall
I'd recommend this cage for a new piggy owner for two pigs as its very easy to clean, durable, spacious for plenty of toys and plenty of running space and the large cage door means it’s easy to access.

Newstuffs.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

IMG_4711.JPG

Cage Type
: Collapsible run, Trixie T-run

Where it was purchased or how it was made
: Ordered online, search for Trixie T-run. Six sides of strong nylon fabric/mesh and a removable waterproof floor (so that it can be used as a run on the grass too). It has a hole to put the waterbottle in, a net that can be zipped to the top to protect from birds (but I wouldn't say it's cat proof) and comes with pegs if you want to use it on the lawn.

What size it is. Where I bought it came in three sizes. 75, 90 or 130 cm diameter. I think only the largest is suitable for guinea pigs.

How many piggies are kept in it: 4, but only temporary, it's not big enough for four permanently.

: For what I use it, a holiday home, it's fantastic as it stores flat (folds up and fits into a bag that's included). It needs cleaning more often than their regular cage but it's because the size is smaller. It would not work with lose bedding, you have to use fleece/vetbed. The floor can be machine washed.

Cage Type

Ferplast Rabbit 100 indoor cage red base

Where it was purchased

At my local pet shop

What size it is

95 x 57 x 40cm

How many piggies are kept in it

I have one lone boar in this cage currently.

It's easy to clean out and I would recommend it to the first time piggy owner but more space may be required. A drinking bottle, hay rack, feed bowl and 'bedding area' are supplied with the cage.

ferplast100.jpg

This isn't my actual cage, I found it online because my cage doesn't have all the accessories in it any more. It is the exact same cage though.

Cage Type Savic Nero 4
Where it was purchased Bought 2nd hand from Stuff4Sale
What size it is 118 cm x 63 cm x 68 cm
How many piggies are kept in it 2 sows
I use fleece plus a litter tray (Carefresh in the tray) I sweep stray poops daily and empty the litter tray every 2 -3 days when needed. This makes it extremely easy to keep clean. The top part of the cage keeps the fleece in place, then on changing day I unclip the top and pick the fleece up with the corners to keep all the poops/hay in place.
Yes I would recommend the cage for 2 sows or a mixed pair (may not be big enough for 2 boars) - it came with water bottle, hay rack and hidey house. The water bottle doesn't leak.
A stand is also available seperately which I have bought.

DSC03811.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

my drizzles cage.

IMG_0095.jpg
p://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/gemz8/IMG_0097.jpg[/I'm
IMG_0096.jpg
G] this is drizzles cage, tuk it whilst i cleaned it out lastnight. its a nero 100 0r 140 or summat like that. its very easy to clean out as you just take the top off the bottom half. at the moment, its staying a lot cleaner with just drizzle in it, as we lost punky saturday, and ive figured out that he must have been the trouble maker, bowls pushed halfway down the stairs, or tipped ova, poops everywhere.houses upside down. it used to look like hed had friends over for a party!bless him(miss you punkyxxxx)

IMG_0095.jpg
p://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/gemz8/IMG_0097.jpg[/I'm
IMG_0096.jpg
G] this is drizzles cage, tuk it whilst i cleaned it out lastnight. its a nero 100 0r 140 or summat like that. its very easy to clean out as you just take the top off the bottom half. at the moment, its staying a lot cleaner with just drizzle in it, as we lost punky saturday, and ive figured out that he must have been the trouble maker, bowls pushed halfway down the stairs, or tipped ova, poops everywhere.houses upside down. it used to look like hed had friends over for a party!bless him(miss you punkyxxxx)

urrr?i put three pictures on, of the top aswell.oh well I'm useless at this uploading stuff and that!@)

arrr here it is, sorry everyone.

the top half!https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/gemz8/IMG_0097.jpg

arrr yes i have, didnt know it would do that!sorry everyone. i was starting to panick thinking the cage wasnt suitable so somebody took it off!lol trust me to get meself in a panic!gemx

This currently has two girls in awaiting their husband from rescue x)

04102010121.jpg

Joined with a Chube cost £ 2.50 from local pet shop
04102010120.jpg

The cages are a Ferplast 120 from P@H for £ 79.99 joined to a Nero 3 also bought from P@H over two years ago for about £ 70.00 at the time but it is a lot cheaper now. (if you can get second hand then even more of a bargin)

Ferplast measures 120cm x 58cm x 51 cm

Nero measures 100cm x 50cm x 47cm

Both easy to clean at the cage comes completely off the base.

that looks fab! Have the girls ventured through the chube into the other cage yet? When are you picking their hubby up?

heya guys i am hoping to rehome 2 little piggies soon i have had 1 previously but lived in a massive self made indoor hut with a rabbit i am looking for an indoor cage but cant really decide what 1 to get could anybody help me out with the best type of cage for either 2 sows or 2 boars as I'm not sure wich yet
thank you guys :))

Back