• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Member Gallery: Commercial Cages

Danirosemary

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome ot the forum.

You will get more responses starting a new thread

This thread will tell you how to do this Creating A Thread | The Guinea Pig Forum

Sorry to hear you have lost a piggy, please feel free to leave a memorial to them in our rainbow Bridge section

As for ramps, non of our piggies have used them but there on many on here that do. Here is a link thread on ramps Help With The Ramp!
Brilliant, thank you for your help. Will take a look

Garden

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi i just put a hole in the tunnel and attached to the cage with a cable tie

Lilpalf

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just ordered a cage for my pigs when we get them! :yahoo: Exciting. I've gone for the fairly basic Ferplast 120.

I'm thinking about possibly taking out the hidey bit it comes with, and adding slightly bigger/higher mezzanine level with a ramp, just to maximise their space a bit. I'm wondering what to use though? I'd like it to be fairly sturdy and permanent, I'm wondering if I can get some thinnish wood, drill holes, and use cable ties, but would that be sturdy enough to hold two pigs? What can I cover it with to protect it from piggy whizz?

I'm thinking of doing this too. Have you added a floor?

Garden

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just put placks of wood though the bars. Then covered the wood. For walls i used cardboard

Laura mason

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Two 2x9 c&c stacked cages.
Built it myself.
Top cage houses 3 boars.
Bottom cage houses 5 sows and 1 neutered boar.
Grids bought from wayfair.co.uk
Beam running along the underside of the top cage so I could keep the whole of the bottom cage open :)

View attachment 49998

View attachment 49999

View attachment 50000

View attachment 50001
@sport_billy ....not sure how I ended up with my cage on this thread lmao. Are you able to take it off or know how I can? Thanks X

Flamestriker

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
image.jpeg Here is a not very good pic of the Skyline my two are in. Smudge is in the corner potty having a drink at the same time.

squigglies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Sgraft

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Brucester

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, here is the cage layout for our three pigs. We tried to give them as much space as possible. They have access to the cages and the run 24 hours a day. Any thought on how we can improve their environment would be welcomed.

eileen

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
you have a fab set up.like the way they have space to run in their own time.:like:

Brucester

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thank you, the pigs pretty much own the summerhouse! They certainly seem happy with all the space. Each of our three pigs came from different homes and were unfortunately kept in small cages. With lots of love they are now very tame and love running round the garden!

Piggies4us

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Here is our cage set up ready for our news girls! :love:
Ferplast 120.

IMG_8606.JPG

There will be some more fleece loveliness when our order from ziggys piggies comes! Tunnels, liners, snugglesacks, cubes and lots more! ❤

Last edited:

flowerfairy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
What a great set up! What do you put in the run to protect the carpet?