• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Members' Recommended Vets

nedajaffa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
James Brooks: Active Vetcare Tilehurst, CCT trained and an excellent surgeon, CCT refer people to him so they don't have to drive to Cambridge
Jenny Towers: as above, loves guineas and like James can do teeth and x-rays without anaesthetic. People travel long distances to see these two.
Hi all, does anyone know if this is still the case or have they moved practice at all over the years?

Piggy mum

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can I have the practice address there appears to be four? Do they work at all all do you know! If not which one? Thanks :)
Sorry for the late response! I think the vets rotate between all the addresses, but the one I use is Tommy Flowers Drive, kesgrave, Suffolk, IP5 2BZ

bex's gpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would like to recommend vet Ama at Orwell Veterinary Group in the Ipswich area, Suffolk. She has a particular interest in exotics and has done a lot of research into guinea pigs since I have brought mine to her. Always does her upmost of them and I trust her entirely with them.
I would also like to second this. AMAZING vet! Expensive but incredible. Very knowledgable. Came in on her day off to operate on Elon whilst being a full time mum! I think she’s an absolute angel and refreshing to see a vet care about guineapigs welfare as my previous vet had no knowledge and said £600 was too much for a guineapig and it was easier to buy a new one. 5 star service too from vets to receptionists.

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I would also like to second this. AMAZING vet! Expensive but incredible. Very knowledgable. Came in on her day off to operate on Elon whilst being a full time mum! I think she’s an absolute angel and refreshing to see a vet care about guineapigs welfare as my previous vet had no knowledge and said £600 was too much for a guineapig and it was easier to buy a new one. 5 star service too from vets to receptionists.
@sport_billy

ripleyvet

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Who can recommend to me the best service among those in the list on this site?

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Who can recommend to me the best service among those in the list on this site?
@ripleyvet if you wish to be added as a veterinary practice to our list of recommended vets you will need to be recommended by other members of this forum. You cannot simply add a link to your site and expect to be added.