Memories and the wonderfu present of keeping Guinea Squigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigalig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I can't resist sharing the hilarious times I've had with my pigs, old and new:
May my two old boys, Buzz and Dusty, that weren't the sharpest pencils in the pot, stay in my memory forever

May my two present lads, Tim and baby Dylan, learn to get along without taking chunks out of each other

May Dylan learn to cut his own hair

And may Tim go on that diet he alwaays promised himself

Attachments

• Er, hello.jpg
    Er, hello.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Photo0168.jpg
    Photo0168.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo0295.jpg
    Photo0295.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Fat Pig.jpg
    Fat Pig.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 29

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They are great photos. I particularly like Dusty's different coloured ears. Lovely memories. x

MerryPip

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That last photo of Tim is brilliant! He looks just like my last piggy Dill. When I took him to the vet to be pts she said he was the biggest pig she'd ever seen. Wonder if they were related?! x

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a great lot of boys! Tim is certainly one of the "chunky" boys! xoxo

Reaction score
that made me smile :) brought back memories off my girls millie and dilly . they didnt really like one another they didnt fight but one slept upstairs and the other downstairs . millie died first a year before dilly . dilly then decided she would sleep upstairs !never the social one when she came in for morning cuddles , it had to be just her and me no noise just quiet cuddles . i had to have her pts in october , didnt want anymore but mornings werent the same without gp cuddles . i decided in december to search for rescue gps as nearly all my animals had been unwanted pets . ive had a selection over the years including a barn owl ! ! i found helen who runs a local rescue in my area ( the potteries guinea pig rescue centre )the two gps i had seen had already been rehomed but luckly she had 2 more coming in . i went to meet them aww they were a pair of beauts drool. i took them home just before christmas ,ive called them chip and dale cos their both gorgeous :)they are still a bit nervous and hide when i go out but chip the cheeky one will take food from my hand then disappear again dale hides under the fleeces lol till ive gone . they come in for morning cuddles well its more like hide in the fleece on my lap but I'm sure we will get there one day lol glad i didnt wait any longer to have more gps mornings are just not the same without them :):):)

Pigalig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm glad you appreciate Tim's chunkiness too. I rescued him from a family with three lively dogs, as he was living on his own in a shed with very little hay and these Staffie's and Bull terriers drooling in over the door at him. He intitially made friends with my old boy Buzz, but when he died I got him Dylan for a buddy, which was lovely for him, until Dylan gained testosterone and decided he hated anything that moved. They're currently living both in the same hutch and run, but with some chicken wire to seperate them, which both seem to be more than happy with.

May Tim also impress you by his amazing ability to climb my house stairs with ease, and the fact that he runs towards any human approaching him instead of being cautious. One day he may learn the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.