• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long a guinea pig's memory is? Would it be long enough to remember another guinea pig who went away for a week because of an operation? :o

My piggies are indoors from sept to april but the minute they go back out in the spring they remember the way out onto the grass a nd the bank of ground elder straight away ,and it means finding their way through two little gates..a distance of about 6 metres.They also remember the way back pretty quickly at dinnertime,one whistle from me and they all come rushing back following one another like sheep-so funny.

I'm pretty sure they have quite a good long term memory. I would have thought they would remember an old cage mate, but then you never know. I'm pretty sure my girls remember the 2 I'm looking after now from last year as they didn't like them then and still don't now, but they have been fine with other pigs they've been introduced too :{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back