• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Metacam doseage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been to the vet today with my Harvey as he started to pass blood. The vet couldn't feel any stones but he did find a lump which he believes us a tumour. He was given some Baytrill and I was given some to take home & give orally. Harvey's exam was quite vigorous and I'm worried that he is in pain so would like to give him some pain relief. The vet didn't think it was necessary but I'm worried that he is in pain. I have some metacam for dogs (1.5mg per ml) and wondered if anyone knows what the doseage would be. I have looked on the site but can only see the doseage for cat metacam.
I know I'll probably lose my lovely boy as the lump was quite large and the vet thinks it might be attached to his urinary tract which would probably rule out surgery - I'm devastated :(
Any help/advice gratefully received

x

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wouldn't like to say, Terry was on it but that was for his teeth. I would maybe ring the vet tomorrow? (or now? if you think he's bad, dunno what to suggest :( )
Hope they're feeling better soon :(
xx

lovelygirl

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Where are you in the country, I would be very tempted to get a second opinion from the cambridge cavy trust or another rodentologist. Is he eating and drinking? or is he sulking in the corner? I am not sure what the dog metacam dose is but if you search through old medical threads i am sure you will find it!

Laura-CCC4

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Reaction score
RIP lovely Harvey :(

Thanks for your replies. I'm very very sad to report that my lovely Harvey passed away overnight. I feel completely numb at what's happened and can't even begin to understand what has happened. I keep going to his cage and then realising all over again that he's gone.......

X

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
oh i just read your thread I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP little boy run free over the bridge. Big hugs to you x x

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear of your loss x

Status
Not open for further replies.