mice in garden!

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda.b

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Was helping hubby dismantle a dry stone wall in garden today and we disturbed a mum and her 4 babies! It was panic stations as she legged it and we were trying to see where she went. She went down a hole in the wall further away. I passed the babies to her and she grabbed each one and took them away. I left some grains of piggy food and some hay and she took the lot. I'm just worried because I had gloves on but hubby touched one of them without gloves. Do you think she might eat it? They were about 8 days old I think as they had fur and could move around but eyes still closed. I'ts catch 22 because I hope they're all okay, but it means I may be over-run with mickeys when they start having they're own babies. ?

D

DebbieR

I hope they'll be ok. I'm sure they will. How lovely that she took the babies after you passed them to her.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My parents used to have some darling mice in the garden. They used to come and eat the birds' bread, until my mother gave them a taste of Gorgonzola which they loved ;D ;D ;D
can't think why - it's foul.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I am sure the mice will be fine too.

Its so nice that she accepted the babies off you when you passed them to her! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.