• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Mice indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
today while having a break and drinking a cuppa all on my own except Max the dog, I could hear a scratching noise coming from behind the fireplace, luckly it was a job Micks yet to finish and it was'nt screwed to the wall, Mick popped home and he looked and found a mouse staring at him clenaing his face under the fireplace, well the whole room was tipped upside down messing up my hard days housework grrrr, but the little x disapeared down a tiny hole in the french windows where we had new ones fitted, we keep finding them and so has a friend, they seem to be coming indoors more then usual this year, anyway Mick brought some expanding foam stuff and plugged the hole up and found another 3 holes,
we know the little darlings are under the bungalow but i am not letting them in my home, I have got a plug in mouse deterant but it was in my daughters room as they liked her room until we found a hole in her cupboard, any one else having this problem, I have never had this problem before, and its getting beyond a joke we have had to board up and fill any little hole in the whole place, maybe we should get a cat, not sure max would agree though, we also seem to be having a lot of slugs as well , disgusting bags of pus,and big spiders which I dont mind but they seem to be hugh this year, anyone else noticed it,

I've noticed huge spiders at the moment, there's a massive one above the rabbit hutch in the shed, and yesterday after the rain there were mega slugs in the garden. And don't talk to me about mice, the plague of my life. I've already bought the expanding foam and am ready to plug holes again. Last Autumn we had loads of mice but in my sons bedroom I pulled his bed away and there were loads of little holes! I keep thinking about a cat, but we live on a main road and I'm not sure about whether a cat would be ok, plenty of neighbours have cats, in fact the only houses with mice are those with no cats ..... time for a trip to RSPCA I think ;D

Kathryn xx

so glad I am not alone they are a real pain in the butt are'nt they? when you see the tell tale poops you think here we go again,

We have mice too! but only when Prudence brings them in for my 5 other persians to have a play with.
Or she leaves them on the mat for me when I go out.

They are such cheeky little devils and they look at you as if your the intruder

good luck on getting rid of them

karen

Sticky traps are the way to go, we too have a huge mouse prob at the mo, they are even breeding. Doesn't help that there is an empty house next door that has been gutted out to be basically rebuilt lol

But yes the poops, I clean out my cupboards for example and the next day there's enough poop to fill a cushion, not to mention the smell of mouse wee >:(

Yep you've guessed it, mice are my rant topic at the mo ;D

My OH bought some sticky traps last year, but I decreed them too cruel, although I don't know how they work really. Do they just make the mice stick and then you have to kill them yourself :o Don't think I could do that. We got most success with snap traps. It's horrid though, cos they're quite sweet just not in my house. We tried live traps but they were rubbish, they only caught one and my OH walked a mile up the road and released a dead mouse ::), think it must have died of fright. My friend was plagued by them and when she caught one she threw it in the water butt to drown it - I thought this was horrendous and cruel until they moved into my house, pass the water butt ;D

God I sound awful, I hate killing anything, but once they start breeding in your house you have little choice :(

Kathryn xx

The sticky traps are really cruel, basically their little feet stick to the glue so they can't move and next morning you kill the little guy if he hasn't died already from shock or injuring itself. My dad used these a long time ago and when I saw the state of one rodent I never let him put one out again, it was a baby rat and it had panicked so much trying to get free of the glue that it had fallen to one side and then ripped its skin on its side and face trying to pull itself off the glue again - horrible I know, there are more humane ways of getting rid of these creatures.

I'm lucky in that I have Iggy my cat - though he does Xmas cracker with mice which isn't so great.... :)

And don't even mention spiders :o - I'm terrified of them and keep finding the demons first......cue tortured alien scream (as my lovely fiance compared me to!) :)

How about if you 'borrowed' a friends cat for a couple of days? Or even a blanket with the cats smell on it, sometimes this is enough to get rid of mice depending on how brave they are!

Getting a cat is definately the best deterrant. The only mice we get are the ones that they bring in but I make sure I either get the poor things away from the cats or I make them take them back outside. On Saturday though, Gemma brought in a mouse and dropped it. It climbed up behind the radiator and no-one could get to it. Dair do's to Gemma, she didn't leave her post until she managed to get the mouse out four hours later! She ran outside with it and I chased after her. There was then a human, cat and mouse chase round the garden with Gemma trying to get the mouse and me trying to get Gemma. At one point she dropped it again and ran and the mouse ran after her ;D I just stood there and shouted "you're really not helping yourself". ;D Anyone walking past the fence must have wondered what on earth was going on ;D I did save the mouse in the end. Phew!

ahhh what a great thing to have seen lol, could never use sticky traps, only use the humane ones that catch them alive, then let them go over the road on Brading downs, I figure they wont cross the road to come back lol cant have a cat, Max would be offended he lost his brother in july and would never do anything to upset him, I know I'm a soppy mare, we are'nt really cat people anyway, we have got the sonic mice deterant on permantly now,
seems to be a big increase in mice this year as well as pus bags (slugs to you) ugh, the spiders I can manage, just, daughter in law calls daddy long legs flying spiders, and squeals if they come near her, but i got tough with them years ago at school first thing on a cold autumn morning in short pe skirt playing hockey on the wet fields the little blighters would fly up your skirts ugh, never got over it makes me shiver thinking of it now, but I can grab them and throw them out the house,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back