• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Mice

Gia

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey all! I love small and furry animals, so of course I want more. I got bored while my mom was shopping so I walked over to Petco to just look around and now I want more pets. :clap: The feeder mice looked so cute and now I just need them. How should I go about this?

Hide them under the bed so your mum doesn't see them. Lol
I think you have to remember that doesn't matter what animal you choose at some point you while need a vet. At the height of animal keeping I had about 21 hamsters & each vet bill was £25 each.
I've been told that rats are very clever & amusing but you need a massive cage, The ones are 3 by 3ft but they could need more. They live between 2 to 3 yrs.
Sorry I don't have a clue about mice, gerbils are so fast I don't think you would be able to handle them.
Hamsters are the best, but I'm biased they live 2 to 3 years. You would be cruel if you put them in any less than 120cms long x 60cms deep.
Mine live on sawdust lots of shredded toliet paper for bedding. (Don't be tempted to use anything else)
This could be a longggggg post so if you'd like to know about just let me no.

Reactions: Gia
Hide them under the bed so your mum doesn't see them. Lol
I think you have to remember that doesn't matter what animal you choose at some point you while need a vet. At the height of animal keeping I had about 21 hamsters & each vet bill was £25 each.
I've been told that rats are very clever & amusing but you need a massive cage, The ones are 3 by 3ft but they could need more. They live between 2 to 3 yrs.
Sorry I don't have a clue about mice, gerbils are so fast I don't think you would be able to handle them.
Hamsters are the best, but I'm biased they live 2 to 3 years. You would be cruel if you put them in any less than 120cms long x 60cms deep.
Mine live on sawdust lots of shredded toliet paper for bedding. (Don't be tempted to use anything else)
This could be a longggggg post so if you'd like to know about just let me no.
I have an exotic vet really close to me that I use for my pigs and rabbit. Can mice live in fish tanks? I have a 100 gallon one that's empty right now

No mice can’t live in fish tanks, they suffer from URI’s so need excellent airflow. You have to get a good low dust bedding for them as well for that reason.

When you say feeder mice... do you mean live snake food? :(

No mice can’t live in fish tanks, they suffer from URI’s so need excellent airflow. You have to get a good low dust bedding for them as well for that reason.

When you say feeder mice... do you mean live snake food? :(
Yes

Oh so sad :( Poor little guys! I wish they’d make it illegal. Here it’s illegal to sell live food I believe but it’s a grey area actually doing it. Just feed frozen like normal people or don’t have the animals :(

But sorry I digress, mice are lovely pets.

Reactions: Gia
I believe NO animal should be housed in a fish tank, I think that's cruel.
I used to keep 3 snakes & it is against the law to feed them live food, but I had a bearded dragon & you fed him locusts or crickets. If you didn't get the Viv door shut quickly the damn things escaped all over the living room.

Last edited:
I had mice as a child. They were in a cage with bars for air circulation. They were sweet, bright little things. Nice little pets!

Back