• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Midwifery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just thought id share, very excited! Ive decided that I'm going to go to college next year to complete an access course to health proffesions, so I can go to uni and get onto the midwifery course :) Just Dissapointed that i have to wait till next year september before I can start!
Ive wanted to do it for a while now, but I was worried about childcare and whether id be smart enough and eventually I convinced myself that I couldnt do it. But after a few years of contemplation ive decided that it is something I really want to do and I suppose If i dont go for it now, I never will..... so wish me luck! Ive never been the brainy accademic type so this is a bit of a leap for me! The course is a full time course, for 1 year x Then when I get to uni, the midwifery course is 3 years :)

Oooh, which uni will you go to? The midwifery course at Wolverhampton is very good, it's where I trained to become a children's nurse. :)

Yes Tracy thats the uni that id like to go to! The best one in my opinion, but they require the most ucas points! Hopefully that is the one I get to go to. Its the easiest for me to get to aswell :)

Congratulations. My mum was a midwife and truly enjoyed her work..

Congrats Lisa :)

A workmates daughter completed that entry course last year and has just started hher midwifery course a few weeks ago and she has her placement too...............................its at the hospital where me and her mum work - now if I can hold off three years before having a bambino I have a midwife lol :)) xx

Are you doing Btech? health and social care? I started that this year but due to mental health issues had to leave it. I might be reapplying next year, it all depends on stuff but I want to try and go the more practical route to get into nursing. :)

you'll be fine the course is a peice of cake so far ;) x

Midwifery haha that word always makes me laugh for some strange reason

good luck with it Lisa

Brilliant news hun :)
I am really happy for you and I bet you cant wait to start x

Good luck, I did the access course a few years ago and am now in my final year at uni doing children's nursing. It's a great way back into studying.

Thanks everyone! Paul you are very strange! lol x
The access course contains the relevant modules to get onto the midwifery course so once ive completed that, then I'm sorted :) Its mainly Biology I think. Havent had the interview yet as its still a little early but have recieved a letter saying they are sending out interviews soon. Cant wait to get started!
Karen, keep your legs crossed till then! haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back