Migraines

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone here suffer from migraines?
I used to get then around 8 years ago whilst at school. They disappeared and I hadn't had one since. However, this last couple of months I had been getting moderate to severe headaches almost on a daily basis. I put this down to being stressed over uni deadlines. And since I have met my deadlines, I haven't had a headache. Today though, I had the day off, just made myself some lunch and all of a sudden my vision went slightly blurry and I had an aching pain behind my right eye! It was like a constant, dull, aching pain which then spread up the side of my head and made me feel nauseous. I tried to get some sleep in my dark bedroom as I remembered that used to help me when I was younger. However, I am still feeling nauseous and can't face my dinner. My eye is not as sore but I can still feel a very slight ache. Especially when I bend over.

Anyone else experienced this?

P

piggyfan

I suffer with migraines. At Christmas I had one which lasted two days and caused me to throw up. It was the worst I have ever had. You have my sympathises. Have you tried seeing the doctor for medication? Some people respond to migraine relief pills.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I suffer with migraines. At Christmas I had one which lasted two days and caused me to throw up. It was the worst I have ever had. You have my sympathises. Have you tried seeing the doctor for medication? Some people respond to migraine relief pills.
I don't get migraines but I sympathise with people who do.

I recommend you see your GP
When I first got them I was prescribed medication and think that's what solved them. I am going to book an appt to see my GP tomorrow and hopefully get something to help. I took paracetamol and it didn't even help at all.

P

piggyfan

No normal painkillers will touch a migraine. It is good you are going back to your doctor to get something especially for migraines.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
No normal painkillers will touch a migraine. It is good you are going back to your doctor to get something especially for migraines.
Do you take medication for yours? I'm sure the medication I used to get was called pizotifen and they really helped. Here's hoping they still do them!

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't suffer from migraines, touch wood at the moment. But I hope you felt much better soon!

The Furry Godmother

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I suffer with migraines quite a lot :( they are poo, and make me so dizzy its ridiculous, so I totally sympathise with you!
The OH has had one more or less everyday for weeks... but will he go to the doctors, no. Men aye!

Hope yours clear up and go soon xx

The Furry Godmother

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@Chief Guinea Pig you are lucky, they are a nightmare!

@TheFurryGodmother haha I have to say I have also let it go on for a while without making an appt but today was the last straw! Thanks x

@Flutterby Yeh they sure suck :(
I went years ago when they started and I was given 600mg (massive) ibuprofen tablets. Then no improvement... So he stuck me on penicillin... After that I thought sod this as that hadnt helped or done anything... So, I gave up.

Let us know how it goes! X

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I used to get loads. Blurred vision, didn't know who I was and always sick. Over the years they got better and then, with a stressful job they came back culminating in a huge migraine during a 3 hour meeting recently. I tried accupuncture and it made a massive difference! I have had three sessions and really not looked back. Worth a try?

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went years ago when they started and I was given 600mg (massive) ibuprofen tablets. Then no improvement... So he stuck me on penicillin... After that I thought sod this as that hadnt helped or done anything... So, I gave up.

Let us know how it goes! X
Seems a bit random to give you antibiotics for migraines? Haha I will do x

I used to get loads. Blurred vision, didn't know who I was and always sick. Over the years they got better and then, with a stressful job they came back culminating in a huge migraine during a 3 hour meeting recently. I tried accupuncture and it made a massive difference! I have had three sessions and really not looked back. Worth a try?
Yeh that was what I had today. I was looking at my phone/iPad and I could read the writing but it was nowhere near as clear or sharp as what is usually is. I think it could be due to me being stressed recently. I will see what the GL will give me and if no use I will definitely look into acupuncture, thanks!

The Furry Godmother

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Seems a bit random to give you antibiotics for migraines? Haha I will do x

Yeh that was what I had today. I was looking at my phone/iPad and I could read the writing but it was nowhere near as clear or sharp as what is usually is. I think it could be due to me being stressed recently. I will see what the GL will give me and if no use I will definitely look into acupuncture, thanks!
Tell me about it ! He tried saying it was erm, a sinus infection I believe? with no other symptoms? pahaha.

Stress does play a big factor I think as well, poop! x

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I think mine was stress related. My mum and her sister were the same, but honestly, I cannot say how much after 30 years of suffering, how accupuncture has helped. Hope things work out for you.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tell me about it ! He tried saying it was erm, a sinus infection I believe? with no other symptoms? pahaha.

Stress does play a big factor I think as well, poop! x
Uhh I hate when doctors just beat around the bush not actually having a clue as to what they are doing. Or when they just give you the basic crap like ibuprofen. They get paid crazy amounts of money too, at least prescribe drugs that work!

I think mine was stress related. My mum and her sister were the same, but honestly, I cannot say how much after 30 years of suffering, how accupuncture has helped. Hope things work out for you.
That is really good to know then. I will keep it in mind :)

The Furry Godmother

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Uhh I hate when doctors just beat around the bush not actually having a clue as to what they are doing. Or when they just give you the basic crap like ibuprofen. They get paid crazy amounts of money too, at least prescribe drugs that work!

That is really good to know then. I will keep it in mind :)
Preach! :')
Hope your doctor is decent! Lee told me about some migraine tablets before? I can't remember what they're called though. Think he said they were good @sport_billy

NASH

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Migraine sufferer for 29 years (and counting). Tried pretty much every medication and alternative medicine with sadly no effect. Currently seeing pain clinic with view to nerve block and botex injections. I've found the only thing that even touches the pain is sumatriptin - aka imigran and prescription strength co codamol. Lying down in the dark and quiet with a wheat pillow from the freezer draped over my eyes and head. If sickness is a problem buccastem helps. Definitely see your Dr as migraines are miserable and disabling. Good luck.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to have Almogram(Almotriptan) on prescription, just took one when one started, they were very good and would normally reduce the length or stop the migraine. Worth seeing the doctor just to have some to hand. Touch wood mine never came back, I found trigger was fluorescent tube lighting. Had them removed from above desk at work and it really helped.
Hope you feel better soon x

Status
Not open for further replies.