• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Missing his brothers

FatLawPiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here :)

After one of our boars died recently we were left with a single loanly boar. After a lot of research and debate we decided to get three baby boars, with the aim to bond one with our old boy and keep the others as a pair. They are in two separate indoor cages.

The bonding part has gone well and one of the babies is now living with our old boy and they get along just fine, BUT he is clearly missing his two brothers a lot 😔

As soon as they squeak he is running around and squeaking his head off, trying to climb the cage sides & chewing the bars. He gets frantic! Husband has suggested that we put the cages in separate rooms so they can't hear one another but I don't know if that might make him worse? He is eating and drinking, but just seems so distressed!

Any advice? This has been going on a few days...

Hello and welcome

I would put the cages side by side so he can see his brothers. He will settled down soon, you would have had to separate one of the trio at some point and he is not on his own. I know it’s difficult to watch but just hold tight for a little while, I’m sure he’ll be fine x

I agree. They would not have been able to remain as a trio together for the long term anyway. I’d also leave them side by side so they can still communicate but keep an eye on things for a while.
The bonding between the baby and your older boar, takes a couple of weeks to fully establish so by the time that has happened, he will hopefully have settled down regarding his brothers and will be more than happy with his new friend

Back