Mistake to home neutered boar to go with existing pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maxthepig

Hello
In the continuing Max saga....

Max has been offered a fantastic sounding home with 3 female piggies (not Lucinda). Problem is its quite a distance away so I'm a bit concerned that he may not get on with his new companions after reading a few threads about some pigs not being compatible, particularily when introducing to an already existing group.

So, is it time to just bite the bullet and put him with some friends of his own to be homed with? (He can have friends by this weekend as ive found some for him!) Or do I risk this great sounding home, with the possibility of it not working out? (I'm waiting on an RSPCA reference at the mo anyway.)

thanks x

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is a tricky one isn't it? If the owner is good, then if Max doesn't fit in with her existing 3 perhaps she would get another sow to go seperately with Max? That's what I'd do anyhow.

Although in your other thread my vote is for you keeping Max with a sow from your latest rescue, maybe I should start a poll? :D ;D

M

maxthepig

kayjay said:
This is a tricky one isn't it? If the owner is good, then if Max doesn't fit in with her existing 3 perhaps she would get another sow to go seperately with Max? That's what I'd do anyhow.

Although in your other thread my vote is for you keeping Max with a sow from your latest rescue, maybe I should start a poll? :D ;D
No haha need a wagging finger smiley! I'm not sure that would be possible for her to keep him anyway, but i'll have a chat to her about it. She has an 8ft hutch and 9ft run so sounds like piggy heaven!

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It does sound good for him, I'd let him go if she passes her RSPCA check. Nothing ventured ......

Status
Not open for further replies.