• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Mom won't let me feed veggies to my guinea pigs

Green = 80. 4mg

Red = 242 mg

I looked it up and there's so many conflicting sites out there. I even found two or three that said yellow was the highest but then all the rest said yellow and orange peppers contained less than any other fruit

I looked it up and there's so many conflicting sites out there. I even found two or three that said yellow was the highest but then all the rest said yellow and orange peppers contained less than any other fruit
Crazy, i feed both anyway, but red mainly.

I just found a research paper saying yellow bell peppers have higher vit C than green or red, but red is higher than green. But a slice or two of any pepper is clearly better than no veggies...

I 100% agree with what’s being said. Piggies need veggies and lettuce every day. I’m still living w/ my parents and don’t have my license yet but I will often walk to the store to get veggies and such. Luckily my parents are very supportive of my piggie journey and pick up veggies if needed but even without them my piggies would get loads of veggies and lettuce. Please don’t add vitamin c drops to water. Sometimes piggies don’t like the taste and won’t drink the water and you don’t get an accurate reading of how much vitamin c they are getting.
I would recommend showing your mom this forum and having her call ANY small animal vet or even a pet store. It seems like you want the best for your piggies xx

I've eaten one, from an organic farm in the USA, it was awesome! Purple carrots are lovely too, shame the Victorians standardised acceptable veg, there are lots of cultivars that never get a look-in...

Purple and yellow carrots are delicious! We buy them quite frequently. My piggies like them too 😂

You could convince her by using ‘scraps’ of veggies or fruit that are going to be thrown away, things like carrot peelings, apple cores (remove seeds), the first cut of tomato with the rounded edge which I don’t like to put in a butty cause it squishes out when you take a bite :drool:, one or two slices of pepper - even the parts around the stork which would usually be thrown you can give to piggy’s, the tips off green beans, one lettuce leaf (no iceberg), I could go on but you catch my drift...

Back