• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Monday's news ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue G

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We've been in a car accident, and my car is down the embankment in the forest. We're both unhurt, but they had to get Stephen out of the car with boards and stretchers, cutting away trees as they went. The car drove over a lot of trees, I can't believe how lucky we were not to be injured. Very scary experience. Don't know how bad the car is, they wouldn't let me go and look. There were 2 fire engines, 2 ambulances and a paramedic car, and about 5 police cars.

All of the emergency service people were fantastic, and two lady passersby stopped and stayed with me for ages, one was making calls for me on her mobile. Even the other driver hugged me and said "cars are repairable" which was decent as it was probably my fault.

It's going to be tricky without a car as I need to take Stephen everywhere, but insurance moves very slowly, I know.

Blimey! Glad you're both unhurt. How scary for you both.
Cars are a big chunk of metal that can be replaced, I know it's a pain with insurance etc. but they're not as important as you and Stephen.
Look after each other. x

Thank god your both ok! That must have been terrifying for you both. I hope the car and insurance get sorted quickly for you. Big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my god what a fright you would get - glad you are both unhurt. The car can be replaced just glad you are both ok take care xx

What a blessing that you are not hurt!

Do you qualify for a courtesy car with your insurance? If so then you should get it today (weather permitting).

How terrifying, I am so glad neither you or Stephen were hurt. Sending lots of hugs. xx

So glad you're both ok. Take care of yourselves - it can really shake you up.

So glad you are both o.k Sue. Just take things easy for a few days as you may get delayed shock. Hope someone can sort you a courtesy car and your insurers dont take forever.

So glad your both ok, please both of you take it easy for a few days and look after yourselfs.
I hope the car gets sorted quickly for you.

Take care and lots of piggy kisses from Angel & Meme sent your way xx

Jesus christ hun, thank god you are okay. My heart sank reading that msg you posted. It must of been so scary for you.
x

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. We're both ok physically but I confess I've been "wobbly" today. We don't get a courtesy car from the insurance company because I wanted the car to go to MY garage where I've know the chap 25+ years, and they say because it didn't go to their designated garage, no car. Anyway, although the final decision will be down to the insurance company, my garage man said in his opinion it's a write off - 'cos I managed to drive over and demolish several small trees on the way down to the floor of the forest! He said it's dreadful underneath. I think I will have to go ahead arranging a new car (through him) without waiting for the insurance, because I do need one to take my hubby around - even just one day today without a car has been a nightmare.

I had intended to do my Christmas tree today, but confess I didn't feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back