• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

More Blood? But havn't seen any in ages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't understand i took my piggie morgan for an xray and he did have a bladder stone but itwas in his penis, andthe vet managed to get it out without surgery, just by somehow squeezing it out, but he is all better, and he's still happy, but just before their i saw some blood could this just be a one off? Or do you think i should take him in for a check up and get some more antibiotics and preobiotic? x

Thanks For Any Advice Or Any Help x

Reaction score
Could it be possible that he has formed another stone since January?

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i think it would be wise to get him checked out again as once they have stones there is always a high chance of them returning, i talk from experiance sadly my 4yr old rescue boar died he had a op but they came back 3mths later and i had to make the hard choice to pts :(

is your boar on cystease? as really they need to go on this everyday for life after stones or bladder problems? it can be brought via the internet at a dose of half a capsual in 1ml of water every day, also a low calcium diet is a must x

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i would definately get on to the vets love, my pepper had a huge stone removed and within a couple of weeks he had another form...he struggled on for months with pain relief and other stuff but sadly i lost him in the end, the earlier you get him seen the better i think x

Really hope he is ok x

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yes get him seen again he will need an x-ray or contrast and if poss sit him in an old sandwich box wait for him wee then draw it up in a syringe and ask the vets to test his wee sample too x

Status
Not open for further replies.