• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

More bunny troubles

Piggies&buns

Staff member
Reaction score
As if Patch the rabbit isn’t causing enough worry at the moment, one of our new additions seems to have a sore eye now. They’ve only been here a week! Luckily the vet is able to see her in an hour. Just hoping it’s something some antibiotic eye drops can solve.
Oh, these animals! Wouldn’t be without them, but they do like to worry us

Attachments

• 71944D8E-C6AE-4FCE-BF08-D7CD402A8B0F.jpeg
    71944D8E-C6AE-4FCE-BF08-D7CD402A8B0F.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 9
Ahh sorry Piggies&Buns! Fingers crossed it’s something simple.

I'm glad you have been able to get her a vet appointment quickly. Sending healing vibes, get well soon little bunny. X

Thanks. I’m just hoping it is something easily treatable. Grown so very attached to them both already.
They are called Saffron and Luna!

The guinea pigs are sat rather smug in their shed saying at least it’s not us causing trouble for a change!

Back from the vet.
The vet has said the eye is clear but he can see two little wounds on her eye lid. They aren’t infected luckily but has given me some iodine to put on a cotton bud and then dab on the tiny wound - with the caution do not get it in the eye. Saying I’m slightly concerned about putting it on her is an understatement...

There is a suspicion that teeny tiny little Luna (the smallest of the two) may be tiny in stature but big in character.....hoping I don’t have to separate them. Just as well I currently have two empty hutches

Glad to hear it’s not bad. Good luck with applying the iodine 😱 two (wo)man job?

Glad to hear it’s not bad. Good luck with applying the iodine 😱 two (wo)man job?

Well, it is most likely to be a two person (most likely the women!) job - hubby is unlikely to help me....the kids won’t have the confidence to hold Saffy still....might have to get my mum to come over and help!

God @Piggies&buns you're getting a good whooping at vets with these naughty buns atm! Hope you get a rest soon! 🙄 Glad nothing serious and everyone’s ok.
Hope you’re ok though, these pets! :doh: xx

Good girl Saffron! :wub: I’m glad it was easier than you thought. How long do you have to put it on for?

Turns out Saffron is a very good girl! My worries were unfounded as she sat very patiently while I was able to dab the iodine on the wound and I didn’t have to call in reinforcements!

Animals always have the ability to surprise us. Isn’t it lovely that she cooperated with you. I wonder if she understands that it is for her own good.

Good girl Saffron! :wub: I’m glad it was easier than you thought. How long do you have to put it on for?

Just a few days until it starts to heal over to prevent infection. Theyve got their vaccinations booked for next week so the vet will give it a check then.

Yes, hopefully she knows I’m just helping her! @VickiA It helps they are a very friendly pair

My vet fund has been relatively untouched (other than both piggies hay poke injuries two years ago, and dexter’s sore leg six or so weeks ago) but with patch’s vaccinations, his potential surgery (which will obviously be the largest expense), the girls vaccinations and saffy’s eye yesterday, it’s getting a bit of dent in a short space of time. I’m actually glad I’m back to work in a couple of weeks to be able to top it back up!

Back