• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Motion Sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone on the forums suffer with this and if so what do you use to ease or stop it?

I get it when playing games, not even first person games any more either, I've been trying to play the witcher 3 and failing! I've got the sickness wrist bands, they are ok but my headaches still get worse (I suffer with headache and neck pain 24/7), I don't know if it's because my ears aren't exactly great, I have tinnitus and have suffered with my ears since I was a nipper, I even went almost deaf for six weeks. I tend to go dizzy when sitting down as well which is why I'm wondering if my ears are the cause. Blood pressure is always fine.

I'm just wondering if anyone has the same problem and if they've found a way of combating it.

That sounds awful :( Have you been to the doc's? I think there are tablets out there for motion sickeness, perhaps they would help.

My Dr hmm well I feel like I'm never taken seriously by my Dr, even the other Dr's there lol. I had to take a support worker with me last year to get her to take me seriously about my health problems, only then did she say I could have Fibromyalgia. I've read ginger tablets are meant to help but I can't swallow tablets lmao

Go back to your GP and ask to be referred to an ENT consultant. I have had bad ears since birth. I was very late walking and unable to ride a bike till about 10 years old due to balance. 3 years ago, I had a huge ear infection which nearly killed my hearing but now wear a hearing aid full time. I was diagnosed with BPPV and regularly have physio known as the epley manoeuvre. Do you have problems looking up? Or reading whilst passenger in a car?
There are drugs that can help but these made me worse, I was crawling!
I strongly recommend you nag your GP to get booked in to see your local ENT guru though.

Hmm never noticed the car thing although I do sometimes feel ill in cars anyway, looking up.. hmm no problems really. I have noticed that when I'm up high I feel dizzy? I'm not scare of heights unless I get this problem. My ears always have wax in them as well even when I put oil in them *sigh* I'm currently trying to change Dr's, they haven't got back to me yet thought lol.

The other thing I have is noise sensitivity, certain noises hurt my ears or annoy me, my neighbours made this worse who lived above us by purposely stamping around their flat for 2 months when I complained about the parties the daughter was having. I'm sat here now trying to type this and feel really dizzy.

The sooner you get to an ENT consultant, the better in my opinion. Certain sounds affect me as well, screaming kids is one! (Shhaaadddaap!) :))

I do a bit, can't read in the car or on the train and struggle to watch anything on my phone or tablet too. Also not good with video games etc.

Yeah it's horrible...

And kids screaming... omg... I only have one and he's an adult now lol. I lose my temper with certain noises, like when someone types loud, stamping noises, bass from music etc.

OOO I forgot to say, so the other year I went and spoke to a Dr (I think it might have been last year) about my ears, explained everything and he said he'd get me referred... he never bothered his arse doing it! I sat waiting for a letter from ENT and nothing! I called and they told I was never referred and I was meant to go back in four weeks for a check up lmao... I was meant to go for the gout problem, not my ears, when I asked if I should go back to him about my ears he said no.... The problem now is I've moved and I'm now 5 miles away from my Dr's, I don't drive, so I tried to register with a local Dr's, almost 2 weeks ago because that one has mainly English Dr's (no offence but I want someone who I can understand), I've heard nothing back and I'm not good on the phone with suffering from social anxiety as well, so I'm going to have to wait a bit and if they don't contact me I'll have to go and see my current Dr and try and make her listen to me about my ears, I've been trying for a number of years to get help with them... same as my mental health, 18 years before someone tried to help!

I know of people who take mild medication for it, un prescribed,which seems to make them ok.
But to be quite honest, I think they exaggerate about having it in the first place!

rofl I wish I was exaggerating! It's one of the worst feelings in the world, well it is for me, apart from gout pain lol. I'm getting it more and more often. I think @Tim is right, I do need to go to ENT to see what they say. I guess I'm going to have to try and go to the Dr's I'm with at the moment and just be persistent with her, explain it's gotten worse over time, the dizzy spells happen out of the blue. I know I have a little bit of hearing loss in my right ear. I've just woke from a nap because I felt rough and fell asleep with those bands on my wrists lol.

The say ginger can help *shrugs*

Have you had your eyes tested recently as well? Eye problems could of course cause some of the symptoms at least and might be worth checking out. What I find with GP's is to make a list of the symptoms you have and the various issues you think are all related. Literally sit there with the list and reel them off. Say that you feel this may be linked with your ear problems and say that maybe a referral to ENT would be useful. I find sometimes if GP's are faced with all the facts up front and what you actually want (seeing as some people go not wanting a hospital referral) then they are usually more willing to consider

Yeap eye's checked, got a very slight problem with my left eye and have glasses for when I'm using the pc or for reading. I'm convinced it's my ears.

Also what you said there is something I had to do last year when I went to see my usual Dr with a support worker, I felt I wasn't being listened to by her, so I asked if the support worker would come with me, I did some research before hand on my symptoms and it turned out when the Dr took me seriously that I have possible Fibromyalgia.

I've tried with my ears many times and because they cannot see anything wrong when they look in them they assume there is nothing wrong, obviously there is, I'm fed up of explaining to them now. I will try again with the Dr I usually see and just tell her I've gotten worse and explain everything... again, I'll ask if I can be referred to ENT for the problem.

Yeap eye's checked, got a very slight problem with my left eye and have glasses for when I'm using the pc or for reading. I'm convinced it's my ears.

Also what you said there is something I had to do last year when I went to see my usual Dr with a support worker, I felt I wasn't being listened to by her, so I asked if the support worker would come with me, I did some research before hand on my symptoms and it turned out when the Dr took me seriously that I have possible Fibromyalgia.

I've tried with my ears many times and because they cannot see anything wrong when they look in them they assume there is nothing wrong, obviously there is, I'm fed up of explaining to them now. I will try again with the Dr I usually see and just tell her I've gotten worse and explain everything... again, I'll ask if I can be referred to ENT for the problem.

Yes I know from experience that Dr's don't remember every symptom you've told them and sometimes you might think you have told them something obvious but haven't. Best of luck in getting a referral

Ah no I tend to tell her what's going on in that appointment and my ears get checked and I get "I can't see anything" and that's it, same as the other Dr's I've tried with in the same practice, one said he would refer me and never bothered, I even took him information about what I thought was wrong (because he asked for it). So yeah I've tried my best to get a Dr to take me seriously. It's very disheartening, I even went back to the usual Dr I see and told her what the other Dr did, still nothing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back