mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi

butter (female and about 18 months old) has started mounting all my other piggies, at first i thought she was just in season but its been going on for nearly 3 weeks. she mainly picks on cookie chasing her and mounting her but she does it to the others even billy. nothing has changed.

any idea why or how to get her to stop, i feel for cookie and the noise is driving me nuts.

thanks

laura and cookie

xx

Abi_nurse

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As long as she definatly female then its normal dominant sow behaviour to mount. I dont know what to suggest except that to perserver. So long as no blood has been drawn between the piggies then it should in time quiet down. Are the other piggies ok with it? I wouldnt know what to suggest if they are really hating it? She will be in season every 15 days so will be back in season again now.

Sorry I'm having a bit of a ramble.

x.

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
thats ok :) the oter piggies dont seem to mind fluff keeps spraying her. the others let her but will occasionaly turn and headbutt her, its just the noise!

its so tempting just to take her out but thats not fair, perhaps its because I'm at home at the minute I'm noticing it more.

i just feel sory for cookie. she is a girl, i checked lots when i first got her.

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
sounds like she's trying to assert her authority. Have you added a new pig recently? xx

Farquhar

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My girls regularly mount each other. Its more than likely a dominance issue if there are multiple piggies. It is funny to see the girls squirt the 'mounting' female to try and stop her. As long as they are not actually fighting then I wouldnt worry about it too much...Just girls being girls:))

Status
Not open for further replies.