• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

mum says no more chicks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i have chickens, and a few days ago my mum said we could get some more chicks when it is warmer, but now suddenly she is saying no because no one cleans then or feeds them unless she asks! even though i go to them every day and feeds them! I mean i understand why she wouldnt want more pets but when she said we could get some she seemed all exited about it but now she is completly different about it 8... she also says that the older chicks will peck them loads, but we usually keep them inside in a cage until they are older, but when they go in the chicken run with the other 2 chickens if we put little hidy places where only the chicks could get into and the other ones couldn't peck them. I spoke to my dad and he said could get some more but only if mum agrees to it, he says that if i prove to her that i can do every thing for chicks she might agree to it! so i am very exited now! :(|):<>

Maybe she was having an off day yesterday. If she got home to an untidy house or had a stressful day she probably thought "Oh I hate having to ask for things to be done".

How about giving them a huge (Unasked) clean out this weekend and get an area ready for the new chics to go....incase she changes her mind.... ;)

But more to the point, why are there no photos! I love chickens! I would love polish hens xx

astablishing the pecking order can be very very nasty and can take mths to settle i know it did with my chickens, it was horrid they would hold onto the new ones cone and make it bleed they were horrid at times and it was soooooooooo stressful x

they need cleaning so much in this weather too, or you will end up geting red mites and that is horrid you have to burn your shed/coup down as its that hard to get rid of them and your poor birds get eatten alive at night.x

my mum told me that she was having a hard time with the new baby and all and she is not feeling the best at the mo, so she said its not a no but to ask her again later :D i think this weekend i will finish the new run for her, just to show i am commited :)

they need cleaning so much in this weather too, or you will end up geting red mites and that is horrid you have to burn your shed/coup down as its that hard to get rid of them and your poor birds get eatten alive at night.x

we use to have a problem with mites in our old hutch but we have a new hutch now, i just cleaned out the new one and when its dry I'm gunna spay it with this bug thing, but its safe for the chickans

my mum told me that she was having a hard time with the new baby and all and she is not feeling the best at the mo, so she said its not a no but to ask her again later :D i think this weekend i will finish the new run for her, just to show i am commited :)

Good on you, show mum how much you will do your share :)
Maybe Mum needs a bit of a break :{, having a new bub to look after is very draining for quite a long time, she's probably trying to manage everything but it does drag you down at times :{
See Mum has said wait a bit........ :)

p.s. yeah where's the piccies x)

ok what pics are you all seeking lol :)) um pics of my chickans?

grrrr photo bucket is still not working mallethead so i will have to put links on from other photos from when they were younger

awwwwwww they love those chairs eh :(|)

is that you snuggling with one of the chicks in the erm 3rd last piccie? x)

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww x) i love chicks wonderful pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back