• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My beloved Arnie the Goldfish ❤️

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Well I’m shocked to be writing this so close to losing another massive personality that have lived with me for many years but lost my Arnie the lumpy-bumpy goldfish overnight. To some she may just be a fish but I rehomed her over 12 years ago and she was my baby.

I went to visit my nephew one day and met Arnie, eating her dead friend off the floor of a teeny tank not suitable for anything really. So surprisingly she came home with me! Really didn’t expect her to survive to be honest, but she was a little orange fighter! She used to eat from my hand, we’d have kisses through the glass and she’s been my favourite fish to keep over the years because of her cracking personality :love: Originally thought she was a boy, hence the name, but discovered she was female when I went in to find eggs all over the tank one day!
F6922A86-BEB8-43A5-B31A-A0A7128F0D52.jpeg
She had cauliflower disease (which causes tumours to grow all over their body) but sadly one on her face has caused her a lot of trouble, has got infected in the past and has really prevented her eating properly.
But she’s managed with a special diet, think sadly the last few days she’s gone downhill, all this heat hasn’t helped and I found her gone this morning. She’ll leave a massive hole xx Love you my lumpy lady, have fun at the splishy-splashy bridge xx
F5A44613-5D40-4662-BB55-CFCC4F615D36.jpeg
67FA752D-4BE9-48F9-A8D1-3E9EC64DDC97.jpeg

I'm so so sorry for your loss. How lucky she was you took her home all that time ago. What a great little personality she had. Swim free Arnie ❤️

Thanks so much everyone :)
She was such a huge part of my house, made herself known to everyone that came in with her giant tidal waves and hilarious ways when I wasn’t quick enough with her grub or just to get attention! People think goldfish are stupid, most definitely not! :D

So glad she came home with me that day, and her tiny tank so no more Arnie’s had to suffer what her and her friend did! You can buy a goldfish for less than a pound, considered such throwaway animals, but can live to over 40!
I hope she had a good 12 years here, was most definitely spoilt rotten, I’m just sad we didn’t have longer together but she coped amazingly with everything thrown at her, and always such a happy girl :love:
FE81B884-C01D-49B6-9087-1F144AE1224A.jpeg
I’ve buried her with one of my wonky bromeliads (curtains closed as poor pigs are cooking but it is purple!), had to be something something odd and wonky of course, just wouldn’t suit her otherwise!

Thanks @Rivervixen :)
She was so ugly but so bloody beautiful all at the same time! :love: Such a special and lovely girl and my heart hurts even more, just got to try and tell myself she was better with me and her feline sisters than there (which probably wouldn’t have been long I don’t think!).
Wish I could’ve had a kiss and cuddle before I buried her but not quite the same with the scaly or slimy ones! xx

Thanks @Rivervixen :)
She was so ugly but so bloody beautiful all at the same time! :love: Such a special and lovely girl and my heart hurts even more, just got to try and tell myself she was better with me and her feline sisters than there (which probably wouldn’t have been long I don’t think!).
Wish I could’ve had a kiss and cuddle before I buried her but not quite the same with the scaly or slimy ones! xx

she was definitely better off with you, she had the life she deserved. Beautiful arnie loved you very much xx

That beautiful goldfish was very lucky to have you as it's keeper. You were brill. .
12 years extra because of you. That's lovely.
My vet other week operated on a goldfish poor think had a eye removed. She's well and a local celebrity now . . Yipee

That beautiful goldfish was very lucky to have you as it's keeper. You were brill. .
12 years extra because of you. That's lovely.
My vet other week operated on a goldfish poor think had a eye removed. She's well and a local celebrity now . . Yipee
Thanks so much Dave ❤
That’s brilliant, how great the goldie made it through that! :love: Go fishy! :love:
I was getting a bit of extra help from the ‘expert’ fish guy I know but there weren’t any vets close by to even attempt an op to remove the tumour on her nose and neither of us were sure she’d survive it (would have cost a couple of thousand, but also lots of miles travelling which wasn’t a good plan with her).

Had been preparing myself the last few days when she’s been funny with food, it’s so much harder with fish welfare and euthanasia. But at least she chose her time, was fine at 11pm and got a kiss and ‘fish cuddle’ before Jess’s meds but hoping it was quick and peaceful for her like she deserved xx

Thanks so much Dave ❤
That’s brilliant, how great the goldie made it through that! :love: Go fishy! :love:
I was getting a bit of extra help from the ‘expert’ fish guy I know but there weren’t any vets close by to even attempt an op to remove the tumour on her nose and neither of us were sure she’d survive it (would have cost a couple of thousand, but also lots of miles travelling which wasn’t a good plan with her).

Had been preparing myself the last few days when she’s been funny with food, it’s so much harder with fish welfare and euthanasia. But at least she chose her time, was fine at 11pm and got a kiss and ‘fish cuddle’ before Jess’s meds but hoping it was quick and peaceful for her like she deserved xx
She's would have as many times before . .closed her eyes for a sleep and slipped away. . She did that to help you.

@alpacasqueak I work with a lovely guy who has fish and he tried so much when his fav angle fish got poorly to fix him. . Vets calls etc. I remember him having a tear when he died. .
The vet I mentioned about the goldfish is fantastic and I trust her fully with my piggies and I'm lucky to find her. . She told me she was nervous about the opperation as not opperated on a goldfish in 20 years . . Did lots research and all went well
Happy fish
Happy owner.

@alpacasqueak I work with a lovely guy who has fish and he tried so much when his fav angle fish got poorly to fix him. . Vets calls etc. I remember him having a tear when he died. .
The vet I mentioned about the goldfish is fantastic and I trust her fully with my piggies and I'm lucky to find her. . She told me she was nervous about the opperation as not opperated on a goldfish in 20 years . . Did lots research and all went well
Happy fish
Happy owner.
Very sad, I’m so sorry for your friend ☹️ I know what it’s like with these fish.
But she’s up there with the extra special Becci Rainbow possy waiting for her I hope! Rosie loved her the first couple of years but was then terrified of her after all her tidal waves! 😂😂 Rose was very special too of course! :love:

Sorry to hear about Arnie bless her😞x I didn't know that fish had such personalities, I've kept tropical fish before but a long time ago.

Back