My boys are bonkers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

claire8234

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi :)

My two boys are ten weeks on tuesday and have just been given the free run of my hallway (now it is piggy proof!).

This means they have a good 14feet of running about space and can't get wedged in anything/behind anything.

Well they went bonkers! Wheeking constantly at 100 decibles and running back and forth - my goodness they are fast! They then started popcorning which is the first time I have seen them do this outside their hutch. :)

This was interpersed with what I think was rumblestrutting - they would rock from side to side really low to the ground and make a noise which sounded like a cross between a purr and a grumble!

I'm not sure what all the pop corning and rumblestrutting means but I hope they had a nice time!

Odd thing was was when I went to put them back in their hutch. I sat them one at a time on my lap and then gave them a quick brush (they are long haired) which is not particularly enjoyed but tolerated.

I picked them up (one at a time) and went to put them back and got a nipped finger from them both - it was the lightest nip in the world and didn't hurt but teeth met with flesh! I sit them on my lap every night and give them a quick brush. What made them do that, they have never done it before :(- ungrateful buggers!
x

Bean

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You said it didn't hurt so it leads me to think that either you had something that smelt interesting on your hands or they were licking the salt off your fingers.
My two girls do this very gently, but Tyrol the male is a bit dim and thinks were veggies.

Another thing could be they were having so much fun they were annoyed you were putting them back, just remember that if there's no blood shed they don't mean anything by it, its like when they tell each other off.

Status
Not open for further replies.