My C&C Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Today, Me and Luke went to Argos and got the grids for the C&C Cage. We have put it together to work out how much correx and this is what we have come up with. We need to connect up a few more bits on it but for now this is probably what it will look like when it is completely done...

Just need to find the correx now - Have no idea where we are going to get it from. A 2x4 cage is massive! We will probably have Rosie, Amber, Whiskers, Crater Head and her female babies. It has an upstairs too and if we don't think it is big enough, we will make it even bigger but i'm sure it will be fine.

Ellie
TGPF Admin

K

Kellie

That is brilliant , it is EXACTLY the same as mine, 4x2 with a 2x2!

StromasDragon

Reaction score
Snap same lay out as mine remember to reinforce it with cable ties. Your going to have some happy Piggy's

K

kellyspiggies

ok i may sound stupid but i dont care lol what is correx? lol

K

kellyspiggies

found out now i feel real silly lol wheres the cheapest place i can get this and is this the only thing you can get to line the cage, I'm gonna get some more piggies next month so need to get ready for the new arrivals :)

K

kellyspiggies

just looked at some correx on ebay looks quite cheap, CORREX - CORRUGATED PLASTIC - SIGN BOARD 20 @ 24" X 18" for £28

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
kellyspiggies said:
just looked at some correx on ebay looks quite cheap, CORREX - CORRUGATED PLASTIC - SIGN BOARD 20 @ 24" X 18" for £28
Don't think that is big enough for the cage we are doing. We can find correx in some places but its either not big enough or its too thick. It needs to be about 2/3mm.

L

lukey

that stuff on eBay isnt big enough unfortunatly, I suppose you can join them together with clear tape but it may make cleaning out a bit trickier... it will work out better to find a bigger board of it locally, around me I got a quote of...

(2) off 2440mm x 1220mm x 4mm black corrugated polypropylene @ £10.00 each

(2) off 2440mm x 1220mm x 5mm green corrugated polypropylene @ £15.00 each

It is a bit too thick, so am still looking for something thinner and it will be cheaper, but that is around the correct size for a 2x4 grid cage

the size in feet is around 7ft x 3.5ft, which is a little too big but better to be safe than sorry and will have some left over for the second level and possibly some dividing walls, gosh I sound all interior decorator like

K

kellyspiggies

ok when u find some could u let me know as i defintely want to get some

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
kellyspiggies said:
ok when u find some could u let me know as i defintely want to get some
Will let you know if I find any at a good price. I have heard by a lot of people that the best thing to do is look through the Yellow Pages for Sign Makers.

Let me know as well if you find any :)

Ellie
TGPF Admin

L

lukey

some people use kitchen or bathroom lino material, in sheet form... which does pretty much the same job and is a lot easier to get hold of... but if you prefer the correx then just keep looking it will be around somewhere

C

claire

Hi Everyone

My piggie Bokki is in a C&C cage and we have used lino for the bottom of his cage.

The lino is ok but is difficult when cleaning out. Correx is miles better but so hard to get hold of

Love

Claire
x

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Does anybody know if 4mm thickness of the correx is too thick? We have found a place with the right size but its 4mm thick. Don't want to order it to find out its too thick. We need the correx as soon as possible as we are adopting two more piggies from Kate (starshine)

P

piggie luvin vi

have you got any pics of it in use? i am inchanted by c&c cages, they look really cool, but how are they used?

vi xx

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I haven't finished it. Still need the correx and then hopefully they can use it. :) I still don't know whether to order this correx which I have found that is the right size but is 4mm thick... If anybody knows if this size thickness will work?

K

Kellie

I still havent got any correx either! LOL, I am using newspapers and a hemp material which is working really well!

W

Wheekster

What a lovely C&C cage your piggies will have *GRIN*

I got my Correx from a sign writer who lives locally. I ordered two pieces that were 7ft by 3ft and it was delivered, all for £30... so don't pay over the odds prices for it on Ebay!

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Wheekster said:
What a lovely C&C cage your piggies will have *GRIN*

I got my Correx from a sign writer who lives locally. I ordered two pieces that were 7ft by 3ft and it was delivered, all for £30... so don't pay over the odds prices for it on Ebay!
How thick was the correx you got? - Thats about the size we are looking to get!

W

Wheekster

i think its 4mm, it is nice, thick and sturdy anyhow ;D It was also a pain to score along and bend as its quite thick, but I'd rather have it like that than falling to pieces, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.