• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

my darling Charlie is getting old and unsteady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
took Charlie back to the vets this morning Mr Philips says he is showing signs of brain deteriation which is why he is wobbly and gets his back feet mixed up, he is very unsteady on his feet, he tried Osteo arthritas pills but no change so he is now on medication to increase blood flow to his brain for 4 weeks to see if that improves his mobility, he basically said if these dont work its just a matter of making allowances for him, he is not in pain, we have changed things indoors for him like mats on the slippery floor and his bowls are now on a higher level not on the floor etc, his brohter Max is fine but as they come from the same litter we shall see if he developes problems, I guess as he is 14 on 9th oct its to be expected, but hes my baby, so am a fed up, funny thing the lady before me had a 12 year old yorkie with exactly same problems same leg etc, MIck said to Mr Philips I gather you are a leg man then, ;D which cracked him up,

I know how you feel Michelle, when you have a pet for such a long time.
he is a great age.
My jasper was 16 when he was knocked down and killed outside our house he had just started to get wobbly on his legs.

Big hugs to you and Charlie at least you are doing everything that you can for him he is lucky to have you as a great mummy

karen

we have noticed Charlie is bumping into things quite a bit and cannot judge gaps etc so we both think he has had a stroke and its affected his walking and his sight, we have made our home charlie friendly, and the kids have been told not to move anything and to help him, poor love, I gave both him and max a shower yesterday they both laid down in the shower tray and soaked, they loved it, the house is covered in fur this morning though as they both have shed a lot of dead fur, despite 2 good brushed through yesterday,

Oh Poor Charlie. Its so painful to watch them getting old and unsteady isn't it? Big hugs for you Michelle xx

I saw Mr Philips yesterday with out Charlie as I needed some pills for him and he said after I discribed Charlies problems the past week or so, that he has had a stroke, my poor baby is getting hand fed and guided around as he keeps bumping into things, will take Charlie on aug 2nd for another update, apparently some strokes they do recover some use etc it seems to be in his left side and has affected his eye sight,
its so upsetting to see a once livley mad dog like an old man, his brohter max is keeping his distance because Charlie keeps knocking into him, I am going to see what happens at next visit as to what his future is, I am not giving in too easy though, hes far too precious to me :'(

bad news I'm afraid Charlie was P T S this morning at 11.15, he was totally blind and had had at least 2 strokes and would have had more if left, obviously we could not let him suffer we are all devastated all of us have been crying non stop including my 5 kids the 2nd eldest Ryan and Josh (12) were a wreck my daughtetr in law Lisa went with Mick to be with him, Mick held his head and spoke to him he was very peaceful and went quickly and mick said he relaxed in his arms, bless him, Mick was crying as well as Lisa,
the pet crematorium phoned to say they picked him up 20 minutes after and he is now in their chapel of Rest until he is cremated tomorrow, they have had so many animals die the past week or so due to the heat they are inandated, Charlie is laid out with flowers and cuddly toys ahhhh, we will keep his ashes along with muffins my last dog who died in 92,
Max, Charlies litter mate is worrying us as he has been with charlie since before birth and knows no different we are hoping he will be ok but worrying ourselves sick,
I will put a photo of him on the rainbow bridge postings so you can see what a beautiful boy he was, I have had a bad year for losing beloved animals, and feel totally devastated, :'( :'( :'(

Michelle, darling, you have had a truly terrible time. I am nearly crying in the office reading about Charlie.

He had a lovely mummy and family who thought the world of him.

Sleep tight, Charlie, until your mummy is with you again.

Huge hugs Michelle. You're all in my thoughts x

my son Ryan has decieded he wants to go visit Charlie in the chapel of rest, he has taken charlies blanket and toy with him to leave with him( we get them back later) max is mooching about with his head down. he keeps sitting by the front door waiting for Charlie to come home poor little boy. Ryan has taken it badly because he chose Charlie when he was only 7 and charlie and max was 3 weeks old, and worst still one of their baby rabbits they were hand rearing after mum bun died has also died, so altogther I hope this day is never repeated its been so sad. :'( :'(

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope all goes well. Big hugs to you. xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back