• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My darling Chestnut😢

So sorry that you have lost your darling boy, so handsome x
Sleep tight little Chestnut x

So sorry you have lost Chestnut.
He had a wonderful loving owner who did the best for him.
Sending you big hugs.
Sleep tight little one.xx

Welcome to our supportive forum. I am so sorry that is was under these circumstances, but we do support each other at times like these. You clearly loved and cared for this little fellow and had his very best interests at heart. Sadly despite our best efforts sometimes we cannot save them. They may be small but they leave big holes behind in our hearts when they go.
Popcorn free sweet little Chestnut.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your stunning little boy. You really did all you could for him, please try and remember what a great life you gave him.

Sleep well little one

RIP Chestnut
x x

@VickiA @sport_billy thank you both SO much for your lovely messages on this thread 💜 it is so hard losing him and not having him around anymore. I miss him terribly. I am very pleased he had a nice life with us and felt all the love in the world. I am also glad to be a part of this lovely, caring forum. It really is helpful at this hard time. Thank you again💖

We lost our sweet 2 year old male guinea pig on Wednesday evening. 💔He had been diagnosed & began medication/ critical care food for a URI a few days prior and during the same appointment the vet discovered a mass in his stomach. 😔We were meant to have gone back in 2 weeks to make a decision about the mass and whether we wanted it X rayed but unfortunately on Wednesday evening despite perking up during the day, he fell on his side and kept scrambling to get up. My mum held him and we called the vet and rushed him in. He was put on oxygen for a short time before the vet could see him. We were called in and told the kindest option would be to put our boy to sleep and the vet indicated he thinks Chestnut had in fact had cancer. I held him and spoke to him for a short while before he was taken to be put to sleep, he was breathing with his mouth open as if gasping for breath which we since looked up and saw to likely have been agonal breathing as by this point the vet informed us his eyes had become rather unresponsive. It was a very tragic and traumatic experience. We are absolutely devastated and I miss him terribly, things are so awful without him around. We are giving our other guinea pig Hazel lots of cuddles each day and he is coping well so far. I am just so lost without Chestnut around and feel like he was taken from us way too soon. Life can be so unfair😢 sorry for the long post I just don’t know where else to turn to get this all off of my chest. we feel so lucky to have such lovely memories with Chestnut, he had the kindest sweetest nature and he just loved cuddling us sooo much and snuggling into our neck. I miss him climbing up his cage to see me and watching him eat his favourite fruit and veg. He also had the cutest lips ever! Thanks for reading😢💕
So sorry for your loss. Sweet dreams Chestnut. I miss my Ash who was pts in August due to having a fairly large mass in his stomach and another lump growing elsewhere. I feel terrible even now but the 2 vets said it was the kindest thing to do. I suppose us feeling bad just shows how much we loved and cared for our guinea pigs who would have known they were spoilt by us. Hope Hazel coping ok too. Xx♥️

We lost our sweet 2 year old male guinea pig on Wednesday evening. 💔He had been diagnosed & began medication/ critical care food for a URI a few days prior and during the same appointment the vet discovered a mass in his stomach. 😔We were meant to have gone back in 2 weeks to make a decision about the mass and whether we wanted it X rayed but unfortunately on Wednesday evening despite perking up during the day, he fell on his side and kept scrambling to get up. My mum held him and we called the vet and rushed him in. He was put on oxygen for a short time before the vet could see him. We were called in and told the kindest option would be to put our boy to sleep and the vet indicated he thinks Chestnut had in fact had cancer. I held him and spoke to him for a short while before he was taken to be put to sleep, he was breathing with his mouth open as if gasping for breath which we since looked up and saw to likely have been agonal breathing as by this point the vet informed us his eyes had become rather unresponsive. It was a very tragic and traumatic experience. We are absolutely devastated and I miss him terribly, things are so awful without him around. We are giving our other guinea pig Hazel lots of cuddles each day and he is coping well so far. I am just so lost without Chestnut around and feel like he was taken from us way too soon. Life can be so unfair😢 sorry for the long post I just don’t know where else to turn to get this all off of my chest. we feel so lucky to have such lovely memories with Chestnut, he had the kindest sweetest nature and he just loved cuddling us sooo much and snuggling into our neck. I miss him climbing up his cage to see me and watching him eat his favourite fruit and veg. He also had the cutest lips ever! Thanks for reading😢💕
Sorry for your loss, so sad. My old boar with cancer died in the same way, apart from the breathing difficulty. rip x

I'm so sorry you lost your handsome boar.you could not have done any more you gave unconditional love to Chestnut .he will have known how much he was loved.such a devastating time for you.take care.Rest In Peace Chestnut.
🤗

I am very sorry for your loss.
Chestnut couldn't have found a more loving home!

@Hholmes @SkyPipDotBernie @eileen @Wiebke thank you all so very much for your loving messages💖. Sorry I am late replying I have been really struggling with missing Chestnut lately and didn’t feel able to look at this thread for a short while. It’s so comforting to come back on and see these kind things written to myself and Chestnut, he was so very loved and I am sorry to read about your lovely guinea pigs too, @Hholmes & @SkyPipDotBernie it is so heartbreaking to lose them. 💔 I bet our piggies are over the rainbow bridge popcorning around with one another! I’m sure they will make great friends. I’m giving my other piggie cuddles every day and he is thankfully doing well so far. Love to you all❣️

Hi Kate,

So sorry to hear about your lovely Chestnut. RIP little guy xx
I have recently had a piggy bereavement too. Take care of yourself 💙

@Hholmes @SkyPipDotBernie @eileen @Wiebke thank you all so very much for your loving messages💖. Sorry I am late replying I have been really struggling with missing Chestnut lately and didn’t feel able to look at this thread for a short while. It’s so comforting to come back on and see these kind things written to myself and Chestnut, he was so very loved and I am sorry to read about your lovely guinea pigs too, @Hholmes & @SkyPipDotBernie it is so heartbreaking to lose them. 💔 I bet our piggies are over the rainbow bridge popcorning around with one another! I’m sure they will make great friends. I’m giving my other piggie cuddles every day and he is thankfully doing well so far. Love to you all❣️
Thank you so much. Yes we will always miss them as they were and will always be so loved. It is lovely to talk to others on here who understand what our guinea pigs mean to us. x♥️

Hi Kate,

So sorry to hear about your lovely Chestnut. RIP little guy xx
I have recently had a piggy bereavement too. Take care of yourself 💙
I am so sorry to hear of your loss 😢 sending love to you at this hard time 💜 at least we can take comfort in knowing we gave our piggies a great life and they were so dearly loved! Take care xx

Back