My Dog & Arthritis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 13 year old Collie called Calam (Calamity), he is currently on meloxicam (Metacam) for arthritis in his back legs, now the arthritis only seems to affect his left back leg, I've noticed that it's been a bit sore for him just lately even though he's on the metacam. He is under the PDSA and has been for years.

Does anyone know of anything else that he can be given along side metacam, I don't mean another drug, I'm thinking more a natural thing. If there are other drugs though, feel free to let me know and I'll run them by the vet when he next goes to have his back legs checked. He is pretty much fit and healthy, it's just his left leg.

Also I have him on Akela dog food. He's on the original but I'm thinking about switching him to fish.

WholePrey Ingredients

Thanks in advance!

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Glucosamine? I have heard there's one available for dogs. I use a dog chew that's sold in supermarkets and it has glucosamine in it for our border collie (who's had both legs problem -acl )

Kisses for Calam xxxxxxxxxxx

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I have been thinking about glucosamine too for Rudy, he has athritis in his hops and 'knees' and it also on metacam. The vet said there are a lot of joint supplements out there, but I can't remember the names.

Status
Not open for further replies.