• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

My first little piggy, Poppy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiratePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok technically he was my sisters but we all took turns taking care of him and playing with him.

He was originally a class pet and my sister felt sorry for the icky conditions he had to live in so she began to take care of him. At the end of the school year the teacher asked my sister if she would like to keep him because he was getting old (I think he was 6 or 7 at the time) and the teacher didn't want to deal with the whole death thing.

Here he is dressed up as "Bat Pig" for Hallowe'en.

He really liked to scurry up the front of my and perch of my shoulder.

Here he is posing as a stuffed animal.

By the time he passed, a year or so later we had already acquired another piggy from one of my sister's friends who felt like she wasn't able to take care of her well enough anymore.(More on her later)

soozn

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your piggy.

We lost our little Myrtle two weeks ago and today we're off to the rescue to match Parsley up with a new lady pig. We've already decided that - if it suits her - we'll call her Poppy.

So the name of your little one lives on. x

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your loss xx

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
What a beautiful tribute to Poppy x)
RIP Poppy run free at the bridge, i'm sure you're enjoying popcorning around with new friends and munching on the clover and dandelions, you'll always be remembered by your family and NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and lots of loves from Glynis, Velvet and Onyx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ........... :(

Laura-CCC4

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poppy was a beautiful pig. I'm sorry for your loss.

Rest well, dear Poppy. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.