• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My girl has an extra toe

AlleyCat

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I just discovered that my new baby has an extra toe on her back foot. It’s hanging on by a thread but doesn’t bother her or look infected. Has anyone had this problem!? How did the vet fix it?

Grand Guinea Pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
No I haven't had the problem, I think you should take her to a vet as soon as you can, A picture would help.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Some piggies do have an extra toe, if it is only loosely attached you might speak to the vet about having it removed in case it catches on something and gets torn or infected, but no hurry if it isnt causing problems, just something to mention at ypur next routine check up!

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had this with one of my previous piggies most likely due to mass inbreeding. It was like a skin tag on the back foot with a nail attached. The rescue hadn't felt the need to remove it and it didn't bother her so I left it alone and she never caught it either