• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Hamster is nearly 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't believe it! Our hammie, Yoda is nearly 3 years old now, and he is still happy, and as mad as ever!

What is the oldest anyone here has had a hamster live to?

Aww, that's quite old for a hammy isn't it. I had one when I was younger that seemed to last for ages...I have no idea how old he was when he died though. I was too young myself to keep a count of it.

aww lovely my first hammy Filbert was about 3 when we had him pts as he lost the use of his back legs through old age and couldn't get around for his food and water :(

A colleague of mine has just lost her first hamster to old age at the age of 5! I nearly had a heart attack when she told me how old he was

My childhood syrian hamster hamish lived until he was nearly 6. he was very threadbare and blind by the end we had to have him pts as he couldnt move.
All my syrians have lived around 3/4 years and my 2 chinese hammies were 3 years old.
xo

Yoda is a Syrian, he is going grey around the face and his head seems smaller, but he is so active and playful. My first Syrian was only 2 when we had her PTS as she got wet tail :( I missed Hahn so much when she died

I had a dwarf hamster named Dusty live to be 2 years old. She was mean! I wore gloves when I picked her up :))

I had syrians years ago but i can't remember how old my oldest got to before she was pts because of a womb infection, i know she was over 2.

Luis is my oldest now, he is 2yrs 4.5 months :)

My oldest syrian was just over 2 I think, that was Alan who we lost a few months back. Tofutti Cutie is our oldest little one, he is coming up to 2. 3 is a fantastic age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back