• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My life is going from bad to worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After having trouble with my lodger not giving me my rent and leaving me with not a penny, I have been forced to move out, I don't have any money at all for the month.

Now I check my bank account and match.com have taken £77 out (all I have), despite me taking out the free 3 day trial and cancelling it on the 2nd day. How the hell can they get away with this? What do I do? I can't get on it at work cos its blocked and I can't call at work as I have nowhere private to discuss it. :(

Do I have any rights to get this back? Can someone get an email address or something for me?

I am so upset I could cry. I don't need this on top of everything else. :(

have you got proof that you cancelled it? Defo get in touch and tell them, did you also cancel ddr with the bank if paying by ddr

Dont be too sad

Maybe contact your bank to see if they do a card payment reversal - that's if it was a visa payment?
Try and get some advice from CAB. I'm sure someone will be able to advise you about your finances/housing. What about you family, they may help if you speak to them about your circumstances :)

Maybe contact your bank to see if they do a card payment reversal - that's if it was a visa payment?
Try and get some advice from CAB. I'm sure someone will be able to advise you about your finances/housing. What about you family, they may help if you speak to them about your circumstances :)

yes, i agree, if card payment and it has been taken after cancellation surely this would be an unauthorised transaction?

I only gave my card details in order to register and it said if I cancel, I won't be charged. I will check my email in case I got confirmation.

It was a visa debit card.

My family can't help, they are struggling themselves. It is such a horrible nightmare. I can't believe they took the payment. :)>>>

I only gave my card details in order to register and it said if I cancel, I won't be charged. I will check my email in case I got confirmation.

It was a visa debit card.

My family can't help, they are struggling themselves. It is such a horrible nightmare. I can't believe they took the payment. :)>>>

id defo contact them AND your bank, chin up love x :)

Get in touch with your bank, as long as you have proof that you have cancelled within the free trial period you ahould be able to get this back. I would also write a letter to match.com expressing your concerns and remind them of the free trial period!

good luck

I can't find an email contact but the website says that phone line is open 24/7 and is freephone from a landline.

Definitely contact the bank though!

It sounds like you're having a really rough time of it and I can only sympathise with you. I know it doesn't seem like it at the moment but you have to believe things will get better :)

I've found this [email protected] but it wasn't on their website ( found it through searching on google ) so can't say for certain whether it works or not. If you've definitely cancelled it during the trial period then you should be entitled to your money back

What a nuisance, sorry you have this huge stress Jenny. I have no advice but can send lots of big hugs if it helps. Things will improve for you soon (very soon, I hope!).

xx

if its a direct debit that you canceled then they took the money out you can get it back with in 48 hrs BUT if you gave card details then they can keep taking the money out and you cant get it back , because you have authorized the card payment, and the bank cant stop it only the company x

So sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time of it, surely you should be not of being charged if you were still on a free trial, that seems very unfair even if you did given them your card details. Good luck with getting it sorted.

as soon as i cancel something i always cancel any direct debits as this has happened to me with insurance before. i have 60 pound to last me the rest of the month, its rubbish. i really hope you sort something out with the bank xx

Call your bank and explain that you cancelled, tell them you want an indemnity claim for the £77 - The bank will give you your money back straight away and then the bank will go to match.com to get their money reimbursed (otherwise the bank is out of pocket, if you see what I mean?) - It is part of the Direct Debit guarentee, see point two;

The direct debit guarantee applies to all banks and building societies taking part in the direct debit scheme. It says that:

• if there is a change in the amount to be paid or the payment date, the person receiving the payment (the originator) must notify the customer in advance.
  • if the originator or the bank/building society makes an error, the customer is guaranteed a full and immediate refund of the amount paid.
  • customers can cancel a direct debit at any time by writing to their bank or building society.

Make sure you also cancel the Direct Debit with your bank when you call too, otherwise it could happen again, although it shouldn't.

If it helps you feel any better, once Avon is paid tomorrow (£6 ) I'm broke until the 16th and then my money is sucked up through postage and bills. (I'm on the dole atm). x

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your replies, no it wasn't a DD so I am guessing I will have to change my card details if match.com aren't playing fair? I went to the bank, they said I need to contact match.com (I was embarassed knowing she knew I was online dating! rolleyes )

Anyway, I called match today, I need my membership no which I can only get if I log in, which I can't as I have no access at home and it is blocked at work so if someone would kindly log in for me, I can PM you the log in details. :)

With regards to the lodger, she is supposedly paying me something tomorrow but I will believe that when I see it.

My ex ex kindly offered to help me as he works for a removal firm around the corner and brought me lots of boxes and tape etc. He also dropped Victor off at my mums for me, even though she is at the other end of town. :)

My recent ex is coming tonight to get his things and help me pack, then my family are coming tomorrow to help me do the gardens and get the house straight as there is a viewing on Monday.

Also, the man I am moving in with (beautiful house!) said as far as he is concerned, I can move in as soon as I like. :)

I am pleased that you finally got somewhere and do not be embarrassed about online dating. My friend and his girlfriend got together online and they have been together for 5 years now. If you ask me, online dating is much safer than meeting people out clubbing!

I wish you luck for your big move. Things can only get better from now :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back