• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My life is in pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OH's payay today usually a fun day youknow, but when we check the bank £400 is gone, the csa have backdated payments (even though he pays it everymonths) they re assesed it and he owed more so they have taken all that and left us with £116, untill the end of january that is what we have, and they will be taking the same amount for 5 months. I havent bought any christmas dinner let alone my usual shopping. I cant stop crying. I phoned my dad so i could have a rant and a bit of sympathy and he layed into me, he thought i was asking him for money, i just dont know what to do, i am royaly screwed. My eyes hurt from crying

The only practical advice I have is to go straight to the Citizens Advice Bureau as they know all kinds of things about being in need. They will be shut soon for Christmas but should be open today, so go straight away. Ask for help.

Best of luck.

The only practical advice I have is to go straight to the Citizens Advice Bureau as they know all kinds of things about being in need. They will be shut soon for Christmas but should be open today, so go straight away. Ask for help.

Best of luck.

thank you, i think the oh is upstairs trying to get through to them, but the one down here is hell to try and get an appointment with

Hi,

that's awful:(

I'm sure something can be done if you and you partner are struggling yourselves, perhaps they are taking more than they should?

I will speak to my brother in law for you he works for the csa in our area and he may be able to pass on some advise on what rights you and your partner have, I will see him friday and will ask for you if you want me to?

i'm very sorry to hear about your predicament. Your dad is being a little insensitive and frankly, he should probably offer to GIVE you some money...

There's nothing I can do for you. All I know is that great things come from adversity. Open your freezer and see what you can rustle up... As for your pigs, maybe you could ask your neighbours/friends/family to keep any peelings, etc from Chrismas period (so much goes to waste)... My neighbour collects empty loo rolls for my piggles, and sometimes my collegues give me brocoli stalks, carrot tops, etc from their gardens/allotments.

Thinking of you...

Awwwww hun this is so sad, what a terrible time of year for it to happen.

a fantastic meal is being with your family hon, not what you eat xxxxx

I think this is lovely.

How old are the kids? Can you buy some crackers etc... in the sales after Christmas day, buy other non perishable items a couple of bits a month & tell them you will have Christmas dinner on June 25th? Make it something different & exciting instead of something shi**y.

We usually have a Christmas dinner at an odd time of year as my little brother is in the Navy and most of the time away over Christmas. We feel like idiots sat there in July pulling crackers and wearing party hats but we always have a good laugh. I know it's not the same circumstances but its an idea.

Do you have paypal hun?

xx

OH's payay today usually a fun day youknow, but when we check the bank £400 is gone, the csa have backdated payments (even though he pays it everymonths) they re assesed it and he owed more so they have taken all that and left us with £116, untill the end of january that is what we have, and they will be taking the same amount for 5 months. I havent bought any christmas dinner let alone my usual shopping. I cant stop crying. I phoned my dad so i could have a rant and a bit of sympathy and he layed into me, he thought i was asking him for money, i just dont know what to do, i am royaly screwed. My eyes hurt from crying

I really dont know what to say hun but hoping you can get through it. Its not easy I know especially at this time of year.
Cant believe your dad shouted at you though, that must of made you feel worse too.

Hope you get it sorted soon. Big hugs x

Bailey, we do this too, for years my mum always had a cold at christmas so we always had another in April, it was great and everyone was always jealous...and we bought presents :))

I think you will all have a lovely time just being together, thats what christmas is for x

Bailey, we do this too, for years my mum always had a cold at christmas so we always had another in April, it was great and everyone was always jealous...and we bought presents :))

I think you will all have a lovely time just being together, thats what christmas is for x

and you get pressies in the sales so you get better stuff for the money :)) x

they have just told my mum they will be taking £40 a week for my step dad's kid's but they are in their 20s now and their mum worked but they arent sending it to her so who's it going to? What a time of year to take it, they can take 40% of his wages not a penny more so it sound's like they have took way too much, they have to leave you with 60% by law, i don't think they will be very helpful but call the csa.

you might be able to get a crisis loan from jobcentre too
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/...ance/sb16-a-guide-to-the-social/crisis-loans/

Don't tell them you have a penny tho

Thank you every one, My chidren are 1 and 2 soon to be 2 and 3 though, so they dont understand much anyway its just my first christmas and wanted it to be special, but its not about the food, I'm sure i can rustle something up, i just love christmas and it takes alot to get me down at this time of year. and yes odd question i do have paypal lol, my dad is on the phone to me as i type hes apologised, which is nice..Thanks for all yor kind words x and yes please to speaking to your brother was it whoworks for the csa? sorry if i got thta wrong I'm a bit discombobulated mallethead

they have just told my mum they will be taking £40 a week for my step dad's kid's but they are in their 20s now and their mum worked but they arent sending it to her so who's it going to? What a time of year to take it, they can take 40% of his wages not a penny more so it sound's like they have took way too much, they have to leave you with 60% by law, i don't think they will be very helpful but call the csa.

you might be able to get a crisis loan from jobcentre too
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/...ance/sb16-a-guide-to-the-social/crisis-loans/

Don't tell them you have a penny tho

I cant get another one, i borrowed 750 to pay for the deposit on my house but thanks anyway

Good luck whatever happens...i know its hard, but try not to let it get to you, it COULD be a mistake and COULD get sorted and you will have worried for no reason, just enjoy your babies and your fella x

:)

Good luck whatever happens...i know its hard, but try not to let it get to you, it COULD be a mistake and COULD get sorted and you will have worried for no reason, just enjoy your babies and your fella x

:)

I wish that was the case, but he phoned them the woman was so rude, he told her she was sick in the head as she was expecting him to live of that amount until end of jan

I know by law, when a bank arrestment goes ahead the minimum they HAVE to leave by LAW is 415.00. I can look up how much we can take if an E/arrestment goes ahead but you will have to pm me his wage after tax. Obviously I don't work for the CSA, but we are regulated by law. I would imagine its the same for the CSA.

I'm going to stay positive,things cant get any worse now, and if they do then they can only get better from that, my mum said she is going to help me with shopping and stuff, my dads taking me to asda tonight, so i think I'm going to be okay, john has to cut down on the smoking and i cant get takeaways any more pow-pow lol but i will survive..I'm so glad ive already got the kids presents. i got John aload aswell but he hasnt got mine yet but its ok ill get him to save to have my hair done after xmas for me birthday :)

Thanks again every one for your kind words, and offers it is very nice

((HUGS)) xxxxxxxxx

Thank god i have a friend that gives me greens for the piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back