• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Merab's Herd

Slightly concerned about Priscilla who has lost more weight than I would like.
She’s only 10g down today from yesterday which isn’t a worry but.......
So we’re onto daily weighing which she hates and I am going to be on the receiving end of daily nips from my lovely diva.

As she seems to be eating normally, pooping normally, behaving normally I hope this is just a blip.

Maybe Micah chasing her means she’s getting more exercise

Slightly concerned about Priscilla who has lost more weight than I would like.
She’s only 10g down today from yesterday which isn’t a worry but.......
So we’re onto daily weighing which she hates and I am going to be on the receiving end of daily nips from my lovely diva.

As she seems to be eating normally, pooping normally, behaving normally I hope this is just a blip.

Maybe Micah chasing her means she’s getting more exercise
Hope Priscilla is ok but clearly you've got this covered with the daily weighing! If she's the only girl with ovaries she will definitely be getting most of Micah's attention :)

Yes, I agree, he has probably been transfixed by those girly hormones and been chasing her around! Hope she is ok x

Bought some sweet potato today, grated and mixed with oats. Priscilla ate a bit while on my lap. Then I put the dish in the cage for her.........
B1C3D9E1-9FFA-4B04-AB9C-8FEFB18AFD91.jpeg
Micah hoovered it up before any other pig had a chance.

However Priscilla has gained weight since yesterday so I’m happier
A07E94C9-0302-4B0B-B459-2515B792B6C6.jpeg

She is probably just celebrating her 2nd birthday now if what her previous owners told me is true.

And just because Phoebe and Jemimah are gorgeous
F20C110A-3491-4C90-BBD6-780BF0991CE4.jpegC50AE465-E713-4214-A6F2-80303334C0BA.jpeg

Bought some sweet potato today, grated and mixed with oats. Priscilla ate a bit while on my lap. Then I put the dish in the cage for her.........
View attachment 122897
Micah hoovered it up before any other pig had a chance.

However Priscilla has gained weight since yesterday so I’m happier
View attachment 122899

She is probably just celebrating her 2nd birthday now if what her previous owners told me is true.

And just because Phoebe and Jemimah are gorgeous
View attachment 122901View attachment 122902
Yes its rarely the intended recipient who gets most of the sweet potato and oats! If any of mine lose weight then get treats like that all their friends all gain 30-50g that week too usually :)
Micah probably needs to keep his strength up too though, he's a growing superfloof boar with a lot of lady friends!

Micah is growing into a very handsome boy - full of life and fun.
He’s just tipped over the 1000g mark as well.
He has a healthy appetite and a nice round tummy.
The girls seem to love him and never bully him - even when he’s being a pest.
Such a difference from 3 months ago

Micah is growing into a very handsome boy - full of life and fun.
He’s just tipped over the 1000g mark as well.
He has a healthy appetite and a nice round tummy.
The girls seem to love him and never bully him - even when he’s being a pest.
Such a difference from 3 months ago
Ted says he’s a chip off the block! No shame in pinching food if it’s available, us big boys have to keep our big handsome boarly looks by any means! Bill says Micah and Ted are greedy guts 😆 Hello Jemimah looking lovely, here’s a rumble for you rrrrrruuuummmbbblllleee xxxxxx

Ted says he’s a chip off the block! No shame in pinching food if it’s available, us big boys have to keep our big handsome boarly looks by any means! Bill says Micah and Ted are greedy guts 😆 Hello Jemimah looking lovely, here’s a rumble for you rrrrrruuuummmbbblllleee xxxxxx
Jemimah says thank you handsome boys 💞 :luv:💞:luv::wub:

Priscilla missed being weighed today.
I was out all day and arrived home to find husband had fed the piggies.
Apparently Jemimah was being very loud - as only Jemimah can and food was the only way to silence her.
However Priscilla is still stuffing herself with hay so hopefully when I weigh her tomorrow she’ll be up again

Priscilla is back up to her normal weight which is a relief.
I have no idea why she suddenly dropped so much so quickly.
It will remain a mystery.
All piggies fit and well.
All weights in their normal range.
Cage cleaned - food bowls and water refreshed.
Lots of fresh hay which they’re tucking into as if they’d never had hay before!!

Back