• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

my new Bunnies and old Bugsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snugglypig

Hi everyone

Here are my new Bunnies they were named by my twin daughters and are called Flopsey Princess she is the one whoose ears haven't dropped yet and her sister Mopsey Maid.

0606280015.jpg

on my daughters laps
0606280020.jpg

This was Flopsey at 2 weeks old
0604160025.jpg

this is Bugsy Bought him as a drawf rabbit Lol

0607020007.jpg

hope you like them

Karen

Re: my new Bunnies

Hi Kelly,

They are 6 years my youngest and last, I also have a daughter nearly 15 and sons nearly 14 and 11

thanks karen

Beautful Bunnies, Are they sisters? Keep an eye on them as they get older girls tend to be a bit aggressive getting them neutered helps loads! I LOVE BABY BUNNIES i remember when myn where that tiny ahhh that was Ages ago!

Hi kelly,
yes for definate they will be the last, do get broody from time to time but much better to borrow a babe and give it back.
anyway baby guineas much easier!

Verity, thanks for that about the bunnies I was led to believe that girls get along better than boys, They are sisters so will keep an eye on them and may have them neutered.

thanks Karen

Aww i've never seen a baby bun that tiny :)

My bunnies nearly killed each other, they where the best of friends then one day once they had all sexually matured BANG!

Flic had her eye socket pulled apart by her mum, and then that cost £150 plus the fee for antibiotics,

then after Bobbin and Flic where neutered and sepearated Punkin escaped and Attacked Bobbin so badly she nearly choked on her own blood i did first aid on a rabbit! it was so scary punkin tore at her nose causing all the blood to drain into her lungs that cost nearly £300 in vets bills and now Punkin and Flic are ok together but bobbin lives alone and is very depressed, we are currently looking into getting a neutered male for her. Punkin and Flic are sisters and and Bobiin is there mother. Punkin and Flic have never faught but they did with Bobbin so i dont no if sisters are ok but they do have tiffs, However we neutered Flic and Bobbin have been neutered and there different bunnys they cuddle and they dont burrow or make nests as much as Punkin who is due to be neutered next month if you wanna chat PM me but I'm sure they will be fine just watch them as they get to maturity and if they are playing and they raise there tails to eachother WATCH OUT! because that is there version of Piggies teeth chattering xx

Thanks for that Verity,

I hope I have no problems but will have to wait and see!
I was planning on breeding a litter each and then neutering, I have a male rabbit who is 9 this year he was neuter young as he kept trying it on with the kids(little devil)

Do you think he would get on with the girls he has met them through the run bars and Flopsey nipped his nose he just lay and watched them.

karen

Erm erm erm, I know that one neutered female works well with a neutered male so i would say that it might work, and breeding is a fantastic experience and its fairy easy the bunnys are fantastic mothers and as long as you stand well back and let her get on with it it will all go smoothly (well it did for us) you can only hold the babies once they have fur though otherwise she tends to kill them. but with the two girls living together i would be reluctant to breed them incase they attack each other or the babies i wouldnt no how that would work as we had bobbin alone when we bred her x

yeah, I would seperate them if I decide too, but they are only 16 weeks now so still a little young

thanks for the advice

karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back