• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My new fishy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaoskat

This is little Rory. He's a pastel Veil Tail Siameese Fighting Fish. I'm going to take some new pics in a few minutes. I'm afraid I got a bit too close this time.

-kkat

Roranifish3.jpg

Roranifish2.jpg

Roranifish.jpg

With the flash, showing his irridescence
Roranifishy7.jpg

Roranifishy5.jpg

Without the flash, natural appearance
Roranifishy6.jpg

Roranifishy4.jpg

Sorry they are still a bit blurry. I haven't mastered the art of taking pics of fish yet.

-kkat

Hes a beautiful fish ive only ever had goldfish hehe arn't they the ones that when there put together they fight till the death and if you put a mirror infront of them they attack themselves sorry if thats a stupid question i over heard that at school once x

aww, he's lovey.. we used to have a siamese fighter and would attack the glass as he could see his reflection!

Verity that is true

Yes, Siamese Fighting Fish are typically very aggressive with their own kind, however they are very docial when it comes to other species. However other fish like to eat their pretty fins so you have to be careful. Not all Siamese Fighting Fish are extremely aggressive however. If fish from the same spawning are kept together from birth, they can live peacefully together in community tanks. And actually when I was younger, and didn't know any better yet, I had 2 unrelated adult males and a female as well as a few other fish all together in the same tank and never had any trouble. In fact, my 2 males (Jesse James and Kid) and my female (Louise) would "school" together. They never fought or hurt each other at all. They were a very odd little group though and that is far from the norm. It is however a perfect example of the fact that every animal has its own personality and they don't always fit into stereotypes anymore than humans. Rorani however, is a very angry fish. At first I was certain he hated me because everytime playtime would come around he'd get all mad. After a few days I realized it had to do with me turning on his tank light. As long as I leave his light off, he's a happy fish all too ready to play games with me. I think it may cause a reflection of himself on the glass when his light is on because I can turn on the light next to his tank with no trouble, it's just the overhead tank light. None of my others have ever had any complaints about it though. I tell him he's my vampire fish and that it's no wonder he's so pale.

-kkat

How interesting i want one now but i wont get one i admit i couldnt look after fish propally x

We have one of them in our aquaruim, and I agree they are a striking fish! Will be turning on their light and feeding them in a moment! ;D
Clare x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back