• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My New Rescue Bun Teddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This was Teddy when I got him
image.jpg
I got Teddy from a "rescue" in Nottingham.. They aren't a registered rescue, if anything they look like a bunch of hoarders trying to make a quick bit of money by taking in any old animal. They had a massive fields full of really run down cages, all the animals were open to the elements; there was no waterproof covers on the cages or anything.
I didn't go in the Intention of buying anything, but When I saw him I just had to have him because of the state he was in.
He was in a tiny, indoor Guinea pig cage, which was outside! with just a crappy bit of hay.
As you can see on the pictures above his fur was incredibly overgrown & he was all mattered underneath!
I brought him for £20..
They told me he needed brushing twice a day- I think he needed more than brushing!

image.jpg

I took him straight to Scarsdale Vet groomers; I told them about where I'd got him from & they were quite shocked at just how mattered he was.
It took them an hour to groom him, when I went to collect him he looked like a completely different rabbit!
They said his feet had fused together at the top because their was so much fur & he was incredibly mattered!
They said it was neglect & also pointed out to me how skinny he was too so needed bulking up!
But they loved him and said he was a complete star and sat still the whole time....
This is him now
image.jpg
How stupidly cute dose he look! XD image.jpg

When I told the "rescue" I had brought him from that they had basically neglected him they didn't seem bothered, saying they brushed him everyday & he was fine!
I told them he should have been regularly groomed from the start & they said they couldn't afford it?!
It cost me £55 to get him groomed, but it would have only cost the "rescue" £12.50 to get him regularly groomed if they'd taken him from the start! "We couldn't afford to" isn't a good enough excuse really in my books.
The groomers have recommended I take him back every month just to keep his fur under control at £12.50 a time (hardly breaking the bank)
image.jpg

But, He's all nice and trimmed now and away from that horrible place
I'm just glad I spotted him!
I just don't get how people can let an animals get like that an think it's ok!
And don't worry, I've reported the "rescue" to the RSPCA

He was originally called Simba but I changed his name to Teddy as he just look like a Teddy bear now xD
I've created an Instagram account for him, so if any of you have it you can follow him @teddytherabbit_

Oh what a sweetie, he is so flooffy :drool::drool:! So lovely to see he has landed on his feet with you and will want for nothing. You and he can put that horrible place behind him! Hope we get to see more of him...hint hintXD

Oh what a sweetie, he is so flooffy :drool::drool:! So lovely to see he has landed on his feet with you and will want for nothing. You and he can put that horrible place behind him! Hope we get to see more of him...hint hintXD

I just can't get over how ridiculously cute he look now! He looks like a teddy bear xD
He's wasn't very friendly when I brought him, but it's like he's had a complete transformation, he's so friendly now.
The groomers said it's like he's thankful that I saved him xD

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

He's adorable, glad he is safe now and has a lifetime of being pampered ahead of him.

Oh he is :love:. I think they do know when they are someplace good and that you are there to love them and keep them safe . My buns were the same when I first brought them home. Mocha was quite aggressive and possessive over Chino and would nip you when you tried to stroke him. They would spend most the time hiding when I walked into the shed to give them their veg/top up hay/water or would bolt through the catflap, but now they come hopping over as soon as they see me coming and harrass me for affection! Something I thought we might never have achieved in the beginning!

Thank god the Rabbit got you as his forever home!Was this place called Brinsley Rescue by any chance?

I'm from Nottingham and we're a bit short on decent rescue's here, I've adopted 9 guinea's from two different rescue's 3 of which had problems when I adopted them. It's really annoying when you go to these "rescues" only to adopt animals with health problems when they should have them seen to before they are adopted out.

He's very lucky that you've adopted him.

Hmm ok. I can't find them on the net then, just the one, they said they get rabbits, guinea's, mice, also I think this one is located in Derby and not Nottingham.

I've put the pictures on Facebook & someone's commented saying it's the same people who owed Cutie Pie cosmetics shop.
They sold make up & candles.
They've obviously closed down and decided that "rescuing" animals is a better income!
Apparently they also breed their own animals, such as hedgehogs & Skinny Pigs, sell them for £100 each and sell them on as Rescues telling people who adopts them that you can't breed from them yourself and they get you to sign a form o__O
I'm sorry but What rescue breeds!

Hmm, they've helped us a few times but it was nothing as big as your talking about, one was for a tied up dog that was getting rather nasty, it had to be knocked out so they could take out off and one was when they collected a crow from us oh and we reported an idiot because he threw his dog at a fence.

Let's hope they do something. Have they said if they will get back to you?

No they just said they'll look into it :/

Hmm, they've helped us a few times but it was nothing as big as your talking about, one was for a tied up dog that was getting rather nasty, it had to be knocked out so they could take out off and one was when they collected a crow from us oh and we reported an idiot because he threw his dog at a fence.

Let's hope they do something. Have they said if they will get back to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back