• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My New Roborovski Hamster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeinepig

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
First of all sorry I haven't been on in quite some time my life has been pretty crazy for the past couple of months but lets get to the story and cute pictures!

Last Sunday my gerbil Moonlight sadly passed away at the age of nearly 4 and I wasn't expecting to get a new pet considering I already have 2 Syrians called Humphrey and Coconut but you can't pass up a cute face can you now?!?! Me and my mum went into town to buy some items for one of our dogs for her birthday and I asked my mum if I could go to Pets@Home and see if they had any gerbils in the adoption section and she said yes. When we got to Pets@Home I went to the adoption bit and they had no gerbils but they had a Syrian and a roborovski hamster up for adoption but I wasn't looking for another hamster so as we were about to leave I asked my mum if we could go back to the adoption area and think of adopting one of the hamsters and she said yes. After looking at the hamsters for a few more minutes I said to my mum that I wasn't leaving without the roborovski (which was called Bob) so we got one of the employees and we adopted him! At the minute he is in a 24 inch x 12 inch tank which I know is too small for a hamster but I need to find some more wire mesh to finish the Syrians new cages and redo the cage Coconut is in at the minute with smaller mesh for Bob the roborovski so without further rambling on here is Bob and his tank for now!

Wow. He has beautiful big eyes for such a little boy :love: :drool:

He is gorgeous and I bet he is happy to have someone to love him now.

I have 2 Syrian Hamsters along with all my other animals :lol!:

My boy is called Travis and an older girl we adopted called Milly. They are both such amazing little creatures with totally different personalities.

Wow. He has beautiful big eyes for such a little boy :love: :drool:

He is gorgeous and I bet he is happy to have someone to love him now.

I have 2 Syrian Hamsters along with all my other animals :lol!:

My boy is called Travis and an older girl we adopted called Milly. They are both such amazing little creatures with totally different personalities.
That's why I love Syrians so much as they all have different personalities! One of my Syrians had been at a pet store for a year and a half!

Excuse me for asking, but what are flying saucers and what do you do with them?

I don't keep hamsters, I never have done either. Although after seeing how sweet Bob is, that might change! :luv:

Last edited:
Excuse me for asking, but what are flying saucers and what do you do with them?
They are a variation of a wheel where the hammy climbs on board and runs like the clappers :)

I'd like to see that video :D

So cute and tiny! I have a Syrian hamster. Never owned a roborovski but he is so cute!

There always seems to be hamsters in my local pets at home adoption section. I have to force myself away from them all.

So cute and tiny! I have a Syrian hamster. Never owned a roborovski but he is so cute!

There always seems to be hamsters in my local pets at home adoption section. I have to force myself away from them all.
I was looking at the syrian and the robo at the shop and I was like but I can't choose but I didn't really want a third syrian so my mind was made up!

I was looking at the syrian and the robo at the shop and I was like but I can't choose but I didn't really want a third syrian so my mind was made up!

Yeah, your new little guy is so cute! There was a white syrian in the adoption section of mine last week, she was so cute but I can't have more than one.

Have you had a roborovski before? Just wondering if they would be harder to tame?

Yeah, your new little guy is so cute! There was a white syrian in the adoption section of mine last week, she was so cute but I can't have more than one.

Have you had a roborovski before? Just wondering if they would be harder to tame?
Never had a roborovski and I hear they are hard to tame but you will never know unless you try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back