My not so little girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I cant believe my not so little girl is 13 today (time flies so quickly) she's not even like a child anymore :(.
I sound like an overpossesive mum lol but she's nearly as tall as me and all grown up, my mum says wait till she's 16 then 18 then 21 and finally 30 then you'll wonder where the years have gone.
So far she's had a fab birthday although she did want me to write her a note to excuse her from p.e today as it's her birthday lol.
Her face was a picture as she thought I'd only bought her a few bits and bobs then when she undid her last card her Glee tickets fell out and she screamed sooo loud.
It's her party tomorrow with 42 other pre-teens:{ (god I'm gonna need a stiff drink after that).
Well I'm off now to help my mum finish off her 3 tier cake ready for tomorrow.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
omg good luck for the party...42 trendy teenyboppers.....you will need a stiff one!

Drink i mean!

Last edited:
Reaction score
omg good luck for the party...42 trendy teenyboppers.....you will need a stiff one!

Drink i mean!

LOL I knew what you meant.

And yes maybe a drink before and after lol and maybe one now aswell cos I've just been in to town to pick up the black tablecloths (she's having a hot pink and black theme) and they forgot to order them (grrr stupid shop) we went in last Friday and bought all of the black & pink colouring for the icing for the cakes, napkins etc and the shop owner was supposed to have ordered the tablecloths and has forgotton so now my mum's gone in to mental panic mode.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awww hope the party goes well tomorrow, and good luck! :))

Reaction score
Omg Grrrrr I've not been on here since Thursday cos of my daughter's birthday and all of the organising.
After the tablecloth fiasco I thought that was it.....but no I was wrong, It started snowing heavily in the morning so I was worried that i wouldn't be able to get to the venue to decorate it and then no one would turn up:(.
I took my black and pink balloons (off ebay) to be filled with helium in town only to be told by 2 different shops that they weren't helium quality balloons (sodding ebay traders grr) so I had to buy 20 new helium balloons which cost me an extra £ 24.
Anyways me and my mum went up and decorated the room in the afternoon and it looked beautiful the tables had black tablecloths and then a hot pink diamond shap tablecloth over the top with a black and hot pink balloons on each table tied to a balloon box weight covered in black and hot pink netting.
Everything looked perfect until 6pm when they started arriving and within 15mins they'd wrecked the tablecloths, sucked the helium from the balloons and ripped the boxes apart.
I was really angry that a person of that age has so little respect for someone elses property and time.

Reaction score
The cake did look pretty cool though, my mum is ace at making cakes.

cakey.jpg

elishacake.jpg

Reaction score
In all fairness the majority of them were really good and had a great time (silly but that's what I expected at 12/13yrs old).
There was a gang of around 4 boys and 2 /3 girls who just thought 'sod it, let's wreck stuff'.
Yeah the cake was fab, I'm lucky to have such a wonderful mum, she's doing a 30th Chelsea cake for my b/f in the middle of next week as it's his 30th next Saturday.
Then a (possible) guinea pig cake, dog cake or something similar to my daughters for my nieces birthday in 4 weeks, then it'll be a guinea pig cake for me in march.

Reaction score
Sorry it didn't go so well, theres always a few trouble makers who try to ruin it! Her cake is amazing, you have a very clever mum :)

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww sorry to hear about the few kids who were little trouble makers! But the cake is AMAZING! Wow! Looks like your daughter had a fab party :)

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
oh blimey, kids eh grr...

The cake is great, you mum is so clever, it looks at first glance like a drag queen....no offence its just so colourful and dramatic...fab darling!

What a wonderful mum you are spoiling your daughter, i dont know of many mums that would put thereselves through that horrific day lol -c

Reaction score
I'm insanley jealous year going to see Glee. Can * sneak me in. Like a bit of Pug myself..mmmm yummaaaayyyyy

I'm not going :( it's my daughter and my b/f who have the tickets, I'd have loved to have gone but it was easier for him to go as someone has to look after my younger daughter who has some medical problems and wont really let anyone else bathe her or put her creams on she to is a massive glee fan and is a tad upset that she didn't get a ticket (she's only 7 so it's too late for her) but she has had a promise of something glee being brought back for her.
My youngest spent ages making a Glee card for her sisters birthday (looks really good) and they've both just had the bedding sets, my house is Glee infested lol.
It starts back tomorrow (yeay).
As for the cake yep it's very colourful and drag like (I love that lol) my daughter absolutely lovs hot pink and black, her clothes, room, shoes, acessories anything she can really, she loves her big bold colours, my brother calls her a chav lol.
My mum is ace she was always doing cakes when I was little (she makes less now) she's made wedding cakes, animal cakes, disney cakes, fancy cakes, castles, alsorts.
2 years ago my cousin got married in a posh country hall and wanted a designer looking cake and it would have cost hundreds so my mum whipped one up almost indentical but with my cousins specifications and it looked really expensive she was really pleased.
We made a horror wedding cake a few years back for my daughters 10th birthday as she wanted a halloween party (in January ...:{) and it was a 2 tier with the corpse bride and her bloke on top and the dead dog (can't remember his name and a grave stone on the bottom and then put balck roses with diamante centres all over it and black butterflies, that's got to be one of my favourites.
Although I did like the guinea pig train that we made for my youngests birthday in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.