My Old Boss Not Paid Me Properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Got my last wage slip today and my boss has NOT paid my first years holiday pay (he says he doesn't pay first years holiday but it is against the law not to pay it!) and also I have only had 2 weeks paid holiday this year so I am entitled to another 2 weeks paid holiday or at least 1 and a half weeks as our holiday year ran from 1st April to 31st March and I left 13th March.

This is the letter I have sent him...

Dear Mr Mistry,

I have received from you today my final pay slip. I notice I have not been paid for the outstanding holiday owed to me this year (I have only taken two weeks paid leave this year), and also the holiday pay due from my first years employment.

I have quoted below the “Working Times Regulations 1998†which I have taken from the “Acas Websiteâ€.

“What does the law say about holiday entitlement?

The Working Time Regulations 1998 set down the minimum annual leave provisions for workers although some employers may provide more generous contractual holidays.

Under the Working Time Regulations, workers(1) (including part timers and most agency and freelance workers) have the right to:

four weeks paid leave each year (since 23.11.99)

~ payment for untaken statutory leave entitlement on termination of employmentâ€

~ I look forward to hearing from you.

I did AS Law at coll - I think I know what the law is! - My Law teacher told me to make sure I got my first years holiday pay when I left.

D

DebbieR

OOh it makes me so mad when employers try to rip people off. They count on us mere mortals not knowing our rights so I love it when someone who knows the law gets back at them.

You go girl and don't back down. You're entitled to that money.

Good luck with it. Let us know how you get on.
xx

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
People are always trying to cut corners.. Maybe he genuinely did not know the law bit?

But you go and get that money you are entitled to!

xx Kelly xx

bevs

Reaction score
Good letter, let us know how you get on.

C

claire

I hate it when employers do this.

Let us know what happens

Love
Claire
x

C

Caroline

I employ some part-timers in my business, and of course they are entitled to paid leave, as you are. If he ignores your letter, or tries to wriggle out of it, go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau, where you may be able to get free legal advice.
Keep us posted.
Caroline x

Status
Not open for further replies.