• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

my piggie is sickie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck and I'm happy to hear that you have been able to go back to the vets for some more treatment for him! :)

Hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery! Hugs to you both

Kelly and piggies xx

hello all! I'm happy to report that i was indeed able to take princess to the vet. he told me she did sound a bit better and to continue what i was doing. i keep up with her medicine and i syringe feed her...she acually had a ite from her bowl the other day and took a sip of her bottle all by herself! I'm really happy i was able to give her another chance! thanks for all your concern! hopefully my baby will be okay! I'm staying positive....... :D

brilliant news - so glad! It is a long haul with syringe feeding - I am doing it too! keep us posted

Great news. You are doing a fantastic job. Remember if you have any concerns or just want to chat then just pop on here.

Bye 4 now
Michele

I'm so delighted for you, I'm playing the waiting game with my pig "bear" he may lose one of his legs but am fighting it at the moment, keep as updated on the recovery :)

michellemuffin said:
I'm so delighted for you, I'm playing the waiting game with my pig "bear" he may lose one of his legs but am fighting it at the moment, keep as updated on the recovery :)
I'm so sorry to hear that about your piggy...you will be in my thoughts. good luck to you and your baby... ;)

a also wanted to post this response...i thought i did but i think my computer had a brain freeze! lol...anyway, i wan quite surprised and a bit offended by certain responses in the forum. some of piggies not being "toys" and "she shouldnt have got her"..... i am not trying to argue or get on anyone's bad side....i had another piggy b4 princess, who lived to be 10! i think i did a very good job before he passed. princess right now is my life...i wake up early b4 work to feed her, i get home to do so and i cut time out of my social life to care for her. i am very aware that they are a life responsibilty. had i not known, i would not have done so. but what if you suddenly had expenses and bills that came out of nowhere (as this is how life is), and you suddenly were tight on money? am i wrong to be sad and consider putting an animal to sleep because the chances of the survival were slim? am i wrong for not wanting to see her suffer each day and not wanting to her to maybe be abused in a shelter somewhere? i love my piggy just as much as everyone here, so i shouldnt be singled out just because I'm scared for her and see no other choice but to put her to sleep. but on another note, I'm not going to put her to sleep anyway. i got help and took her to the vet. I'm am trying my very best for her to get well...i just wanted to post this....

I dont think anyone said that to be honest. You are doing a great job. alot of us know how much it takes in time and love to nurse our guinea pigs back to health.

We were VERY concerned you were going to put the piggy to sleep because you couldnt afford to take her back to the vets. The way your messgaes were that you were putting herself just because you couldnt afford it.

We know you love her but we were just thinking about the guinea pig and trying to help you as well. As this was the case we tried to find a place that will help you out or to take the piggy off oyu rhands and try to get your poggy well. We all know how expensive vets are.

I'm personally so glad your piggy is on the road to recovery. I spent a lot of time trying to get information for you and prayer too and glad its come good.

Sorry you feel this way but hope you will be back to this veryheplful and friendly forum.

Michele

I appreciate everything that was done, but i still feel like i was being singled out for something i had no control over. seriously....if someone told you,"you gotta do something..they arent toys", wouldnt you be a bit irritated? please don't tell me you wouldnt be. thats like saying the person is a bit unintelligent or they take the pet too lightly.
i just feel it couldv'e been addressed a bit more proper. i was upset as it was, i didn't need to be offended by folks whom i was trying to get help from....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back