• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My puppy is driving me mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackalice2k

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just how much destruction can 1 small puppy cause?

Hmmm tonight 3 dvd cases, 1 box of tissues, 1 photo frame, 2 puppy pads, 2 socks, and she is now currently charging about my living room like a looney. It's worse than a toddler, everything is at a high level, including the phone wires because she's found a new game, it's called grab the wires, pull the phone base down and chew and growl at it till it tells you the other person has cleared.

The upside of this is that I know she'll be flat out asleep shortly so I can clear up after her.

Now there's something you don't see everyday a walking dogbed. Oh and she's discovered she can jump onto a dining chair, and her favourite spot is perched on top of the settee back, looking out of the window.

3 walks a day, I'm losing weight so it's not all bad. Obedience classes booked tonight!:(|)

oh dear better go rescue the curtains, cy'all later.

:)):))

Our Staffy is just over a year old, she's chewed two pairs of my pants :red, two pairs of my slippers, one shoe, my credit card bill, my vet appointment card thingy, the heel off my favourite shoes! and yesterday my OH's £40.00 gloves!

Archie was just the same until he got to 12 months. Add to your list Three piece suite, shoes, carpet.......Chin up Marianne. Ha ha.
ps He also ate my glasses, but I got £275 back off the insurance for them! xx

ahhh bliss Lil Long ears is just falling asleep, just after trying to eat a snail very artfully procured from underneath Bert's hutch, one day she's going to get stuck. It's been a long 2hrs.rolleyes

ewww downside to sleeping is the noxious fumes that escape from her bottom, and the terrible snoring, I love it when she's behaving like a Basset, the Beagle side is a nightmare.

Good to hear it's not just my rebellious puppy that's naughty.x)x)

Archie was just the same until he got to 12 months. Add to your list Three piece suite, shoes, carpet.......Chin up Marianne. Ha ha.
ps He also ate my glasses, but I got £275 back off the insurance for them! xx
I shouldn't complain after seeing what your Archie ate! :) Fern was 1 on boxing day so we thought she would of grown out of it by now. Had to buy my OH some new gloves :(

So it's not just my dog then lol
Half hour back I caught him eating my eldests daughters pants ...dirty little sod.
He's had 2 sofas, a cupboard, 7 pairs of slippers, kids shoes, numerous pants socks etc, carpet, rug, bin (several times) sweeping brush, sledge he's even tried to chew the corner of the guinea pig shed.
Dog classes booked soon me thinks

He is probably trying to get rid of his puppy teeth,give him a stuffed sterilized bone or a large rawhide chew,and keep him in the kitchen or somewhere similar when you are out! Best of luck,I have 3 labradors so I know what puppies are like!

Mines nearly 18months old and he's got loads of toys & chews, he nows stays in a very large cage whilst i'm out.

Dylan now 11weeks but he always has a raw hide hes got strong jaws (rottweiler x) and he just loves to exercise them.

He does have the tiled hallway to him self tho when we go up.

So far only one corner of the carpet has suffered until I put some mustard powder down :)>>>

Ive got 2 dogs, Owain is almost 13 but as a puppy he ate everything in sight ...including some floorboards and a mattress ...and we went to training classes 3 times a week !

My other dog, Amber who is 11 didnt destroy a thing .... guess theyre all different....

Best of luck
xx

We have 2 Rottweilers, aged 18months and 12 months - so far they have chewed up our ENTIRE garden, rosebushes and all, a doggy matress, numerous shoes, underwear :red, thousands of kids toys, sippy cups by the dozen, my car's bumper, a small tree ?/, my friend's entire pack of sigarettes, the trampoline, an entire block of cheese off the kitchen counter, and still going strong!
I regularly buy them ostrich bones, hooves and rawhide bones, which is gone in a flash, and then they are back to chewing whatever is not locked away. :(

Yeah same, she's got loads of toys and chews. We used to leave her in the kitchen but she was pulling stuff of the sides, eating whatever shoes on the shoe rack.....et c. So now when we are both out (which isn't much to be fair) we put her in a big cage, she seems quite happy in it :{ silly dog.

I've just had to put an insurance claim in for a new mobile phone, seems my basset x beagle cross is showing some very beagley characteristics and has stolen my phone, gone out into the garden and left it in under the rose bush, it rained last night. Funnily enough I found a couple of socks with it, so she's going to have to change her hiding spot.rolleyes

I'm really sorry but I couldn't help laughing at her hiding your mobile in the garden. I know it's not funny for you but it did tickle me.

I'm really sorry but I couldn't help laughing at her hiding your mobile in the garden. I know it's not funny for you but it did tickle me.

I have seen the funny side of it, but now when anything goes missing Bella will be getting the blame.:))

And she has such a sad face that I can't be mad at her for long, I'm hoping the new phone will have a better camera so I can get some good photo's of her.

When she first came, she had hiding places for her biscuits, and would go checking them every 20 mins or so, just to check that nobody had pinched them, it took me a day to work out why she kept disappearing behind the sofa, now she uses behind the sofa as her getaway when she's thieving something she shouldn't have.:(|)

Since she arrived though as a family we've laughed so much, the downside is though we've also argued a lot too.:(|)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back