• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My rescue dog- George

Stories like this ok reduce me to tears

I’m sending you and George lots T.L.C.
Massive vibes from my piggies also x

Forgot to update after vets on Friday.
They were happy it hasn’t got worse. They thought there may have been a slight improvement but stated it’s going to be very very slow progress. All his meds stayed the same and we are back again on Monday for another check.

My head is a shed and so I completely forgot I might need more of his plasma drops (made from his own blood). Then I got home and used the drops and realised that they wouldn’t last the weekend. So but if a panic. They made me more (they still had some blood) and my fabulous husband drove the 45 mins to get them yesterday. I was right too as he used his last drop literally right as husband was at the vets waiting for the others!

He’s getting a bit fed up of it all but still is taking all his tablets and drops ok. Just sometimes needs a bit more encouragement for the drops. The plasma ones are cold and I don’t think he likes them.

I’m absolutely shattered. I’m finally managing to sleep better now but the lack of sleep I’ve had is taking it’s toll for sure.

I’m really hopeful we can go on our holiday to Scotland in a few weeks. The vets didn’t want to commit to an answer when I asked. I don’t think we are out of the woods yet.
They also are unsure if his future with his eyes until we fix this issue. So everything is still up in the air.

408FB079-994B-4439-B6A2-CFB7E6A4729F.jpeg8190E4F3-7B5F-4EBA-BCE0-109D14E78E6F.jpeg2EC4650D-9B89-469B-B5F5-C991A9697C80.jpeg

Another update following vets today.

They say there are small improvements but that there are also some changes that are worrying-ish. There are now blood vessels into the eye so they are pleased about this. They said previously the eye wasn’t doing anything to try and fix itself. And now there are signs that it is.
The green fluid they use to look for ulcers as less stuck to his eye. Previously the entire lower half of his eye was green, now there is just a few spots.
He has 3 blisters on his eye which is a concern Incase the rupture.
The uveitis is improved, the whites of his eye is slightly less red.

They described it’s at 3 steps forward and 1.5 steps back.

They have reduced the frequency of some drops, added another new drop. Stopped the oral antibiotics.

We go back now a week tomorrow for another check. But sooner if it looks worse or the cloudiness gets worse.

377BE4E0-54CF-453F-BA9D-6B35F3BE536A.jpegA8F5732F-496B-42ED-BBC8-EE0E76254E36.jpeg

Had another check today.
One of his drops has been increased. The rest stay the same. One of his tablets has been increased.
Back again in just over a week.

They feel we are showing some very good signs of improvement now. Just still very slow.

It’s got to a point I can see an improvement now though so that’s good. For a while it just looked scary. Now it looks scary still but a bit less so!

He’s utterly fed up bless him. And his hips are more sore due to having to stop his usual pain meds. But not much we can do about that unfortunately as they are limited in what they can give him due to the oral steroids.

39E67DD8-69F1-47D2-8EE9-BAF1C6EA3E4B.jpegA7ABDB7E-BAE8-43FD-ADFD-7F36FB038A78.jpegBDB93C6A-6357-4FD3-8BF6-A75BB46C5D3C.jpeg4D083F9F-CDDB-42AF-9E14-E8AC0F8568E5.jpeg

Poor George☹️ I really do hope that progress will get faster for both of you, its so upsetting to see them looking so sad. Sending hugs x

I'm so sorry about all this, but you've been so great to George and given him an amazing chance to live a happy life. I hope with all my heart that he can recover. I recently lost my dog very suddenly this January, and I know how hard it is. In a way I'm glad it came on suddenly for her, as it stopped me from being under a ton of stress that I may lose her like you are. Good luck with him and thank you for saving his life and doing so much for him.

Back